Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Camera software in latest firmware?

Reaction score
Following an upgrade to the latest firmware my Inspire 1 camera performance seems altered. Shooting in Log @ 4k25 the captured image seems far too saturated for a log profile & using the DJI transcoder for conversion to ProRes with the Inspire 1 lut now gives a crushed, overly dense & saturated image that looks about a stop under in exposure. Previously I've had great sucess with this pathway but now the transcode software is unuseable. Anybody out there have any concrete info in what changes (if any) were made to the cameras operating software recently?

Try none, with 0,0,0 or even -1 or -2 for sat, -1 for sharpness, contrast

No concrete evidence of firmware change to camera processing, but other users have noted a change in look, and have found best footage shooting in none (counter-intuitive, I know, but log seems to crunch shadows too much).

Reactions: Baldrick
Try none, with 0,0,0 or even -1 or -2 for sat, -1 for sharpness, contrast

No concrete evidence of firmware change to camera processing, but other users have noted a change in look, and have found best footage shooting in none (counter-intuitive, I know, but log seems to crunch shadows too much).

Which, of course, is odd as a LOG colour profile is by definition a low contrast, low saturation profile to extend dynamic range. Interesting you mentioned -1 sharpness. If found previously -1 sharpness to be completely unusable, let alone -2 or -3. Have they changed the sharpness scale as well?

Firmware 1.2.1.03 did indeed make changes to sharpness settings according to reports (and the release notes, actually).

Reactions: Baldrick

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry