Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Camera woes

Reaction score
Arrived at takeoff site. Launched, realised record buttons not working. Landed. Changed SD card. Startup - no video feed from camera, but gimbal works. Main page reports space remaining on SD card as "0MB". No option to format there or in camera menu (in fact, there is no camera menu).

Dead camera? Anyone any ideas that are not going to cost me hundreds of pounds?

Arrived at takeoff site. Launched, realised record buttons not working. Landed. Changed SD card. Startup - no video feed from camera, but gimbal works. Main page reports space remaining on SD card as "0MB". No option to format there or in camera menu (in fact, there is no camera menu).

Dead camera? Anyone any ideas that are not going to cost me hundreds of pounds?
Check the contacts on the AC side and make sure that they're properly aligned. Also check that the ribbon cables behind those contacts are properly seated.

Last edited:
Three, brand new, Sandisk 64Gb Extreme PLUS, all test with CrystalDisk on my PC and showing good read/write speeds. I already checked the cables are seated correctly and they are. I don't know what the pins SHOULD look like so here are some pics...

Gimbal (bit blurred sorry!)

Drone;

Any ideas?

Actually, reading your post again, I haven't checked the aircraft contacts...I'll have a look...

I don't know if this is relevant, but I had similar problems with the camera disappearing after recalibrating the compass. I'd get the red no signal warning and the IMU and RTH settings also disappeared. Only option was to switch off and reboot AC. If that didn't work, then I reinstalled the camera. Now I don't recalibrate the compass any more and the system works fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD