Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can anyone tell me this isnt a ripoff?

I'm awaiting the day an American NASA engineer or USAF engineer comes to the plate. Enough with the 2D take offs and landings.. We need Harrier technology[emoji13]... I'm guessing German or British engineering need to catch on lol.. Not asking much but would like it stealthy, fast, and most of all ORIGINAL.. One badass Camera too..

Reactions: sirnikolas
Doesn't surprise me. DJI sold me a long time ago, Not a fan of Walkera even if they did step it up a few notches.. Whatever trends, someone wants a piece of the pie lol.. Which brings me to ask an obvious Question.. Do they honor PATENTS in China, or is it a free for all? Originality at its BEST[emoji15]
it is not the same but resembles to the i1. i might be wrong but it looks similar only. the feet are different and the arms are fixed. the canope is a slightly different shape and the "H" form is the best known form because of its massive space you have for everything and balancing is easy. so regarding the patent i think apart from the formfactor it has nothing to do with the I1. therefore nothing to sew...

Reactions: PB30X
I'm awaiting the day an American NASA engineer or USAF engineer comes to the plate. Enough with the 2D take offs and landings.. We need Harrier technology[emoji13]... I'm guessing German or British engineering need to catch on lol.. Not asking much but would like it stealthy, fast, and most of all ORIGINAL.. One badass Camera too..
Ya man..
whoever. ..
the camera is the biggest thing holding the inspire1 back ..
and yes a fast quad 60 mph to 100 mph. . (Give me a break guys I like to go fast)dreadwing would agree..lol..
It's hard to beat original when it comes to the inspire 1 and I don't think we will see anything more advanced as far as chassis design for a long time to come..
that's how I know the inspire series is here to stay as long as it doesn't get outlawed for being too heavy..

WOW? Frank must be pissed! They appear to copy the Inspire just to catch buyers that know the shape of the best quad on the market. I have seen many of there stuff over the years and what I did see was cheaply made.

Just my view on it:

Whenever Chinese start to copy original western designs they somehow know exactly how to spoil everything that made the original attractive. When they copy Chinese products things usually get even uglier.
And to my eyes this is one ugly thing. Like a flying pig. I would not fly this in public without feeling like a total moron. The camera (potato) footage I saw on the video is ridiculous, doesn't even beat a P2 with a Gopro H3 Black. (OK, it was the 1080p version, but still, bad video overall). The landing gear looks really bad and seems to be quite a lot of moving parts that can break. Price is way too high (around 2500Euro I recall) for a pure hobbyist oriented copter.

Ummmm ...
Last I looked DJI, (creator of the Inspire 1) are a Chinese technology company founded in 2006 by Frank Wang Tao (Chinese born and bred) and headquartered in Shenzhen, Guangdong province, in, yup you guessed it ... China.
Enough of your 'original western' redneckness
That is all

yup you guessed it ... China.
exactly what I meant.

"When they copy Chinese products things usually get even uglier."

Read my whole post, not just the first sentence. You take the time googling DJI and Frank Wang, why not take the time to read what I post.

The Inspire is an awesome and original DJI design, no question about that.

No aircraft flys better than it's reliability and access to unobstructed maintenance. Can you get parts for it? Is their customer service and repair department adequately managed and staffed? Is it reliable? Does it occasionally run away on its own? Does it take 6 or more weeks and a $100 or more shipping to fix minor issues? Do they answer their phones? Do they return messages? Do they answer their e-mail? If so, at least they'll be in the air more often than the Inspire.

No aircraft flys better than it's reliability and access to unobstructed maintenance. Can you get parts for it? Is their customer service and repair department adequately managed and staffed? Is it reliable? Does it occasionally run away on its own? Does it take 6 or more weeks and a $100 or more shipping to fix minor issues? Do they answer their phones? Do they return messages? Do they answer their e-mail? If so, at least they'll be in the air more often than the Inspire.

Walkera are well known for not releasing updates and refusing warranty repairs.
If your post is a dig at DJI's support, try any other prosumer priced drones from other manufacturer and see how you get on. The Solo seems to be grounded more than in the air, all the Walkera craft are frankly rubbish. DJI will get there with their support. They are investing heavily.

Walkera are well known for not releasing updates and refusing warranty repairs.
If your post is a dig at DJI's support, try any other prosumer priced drones from other manufacturer and see how you get on. The Solo seems to be grounded more than in the air, all the Walkera craft are frankly rubbish. DJI will get there with their support. They are investing heavily.

Hmmm, did I hit a nerve? Not intentionally if I did.

Anyway, no. it was not a dig simply because there is no need to point out the horrible DJI "Customer Service." They do a great job of that all by themselves....as well as many members here and on other forums (including DJI's forum).

I was asking if Walkera is as bad as DJI. Based on your statements, it seems you believe that they are just as bad. Regardless, even with an inferior product, a company offering good customer service and decent parts distribution, as compared to DJI, is going to have a more operational product. As well as, happier customers. It's really very simple.

As for DJI making improvements to their "customer service" it's about time, huh? What are they doing? Will we be able to order parts? Will turn around be faster?

Walkera's support is far far worse than DJIs.
Don't get me wrong, I completely agree that DJI need to sort it out. The repair wait times aren't acceptable and the products are released without enough testing done before hand. Look at the A2. It took nearly a year before it was flyable reliably. Mine was sat on a bench for ages while I flew the Wookong.
What I'm saying is that DJI are always held up in the spotlight for poor support because so many of their products are out there. Other manufacturers have so little market share that we rarely hear of issues.

Reactions: RichardB

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin