Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can i used and transmit live video with 2 Inspire 1 togheter?

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have an upcoming event and they want to transmit live video to a big screen .....the event is a marathon so they want 2 Inspire on the air. My question is, can we fly at the same time and transmit video to a mixer so the director can change between both birds?

And the other question i would like to ask is how video transmission works on Inspire? i know i can take hdmi direct from my Radio, but, can i use an other exact inspire Radio just as a video receiver? if so, it needs to be close to the Master Radio or it does not matter?

Thanks guys as always!

Yes you can use 2 separate inspire 1 video feeds and a switcher to select which one is live.

Yes you can utilize a 2nd slave controller sitting on a table meters away to output the video feed.

Just keep in mind that the live streaming video feed is only 720p and drops occasional frames. It might not look impressive on a BIG screen.

Thanks TJ, what i need to know also is ...... the 2nd controller or slave ones how far can it be from the Master one? Can i just lived it there and go away like 500mts to fly my inspire and the slave still get image? because i just read somewhere that in order to work you should be at less than 50 mts.

Nope, the master/slave interface is Bluetooth so it has a limited range. We have experienced that it drops out about 30-60 feet separation.

Reactions: Tj_
That s not good my friend .......so any other idea of how to do this? maybe getting a lightbridge regular RX may work?

I have tried this, Im certain that the master slave connection is run on 5.8ghz. I found that I could get a very poor signal at approx 50m from the slave controller, and it dropped signal all the time, also the image doesnt refresh if there is no signal, ie you may not realise signal has been dropped if there isnt a lot of movign content in the image,

If I have to do another event with this system I will look into boosting the 5.8ghz and putting it through a pair of directional CP antennas in order to get better range and better interference rejection....

We've had to "downgrade" from the Inspire to using a P2 with lightbridge for a project this summer due to that limitation.

We've had to "downgrade" from the Inspire to using a P2 with lightbridge for a project this summer due to that limitation.
do you not think that the 5.8 can be improved with relative ease?
when are you back btw?

My good, when are they going to bulid a COMPLETE system that really works ??

Ok, DJI should have a Video RX only, option so that way you can put the RX near the swicher or Directors table, and you can freely fly where ever you like and far away from the RX.

Reactions: m00se
do you not think that the 5.8 can be improved with relative ease?
when are you back btw?
Yeah most likely a little, but not up to 1 km like we'd have needed.
I'm on the plane right now :)

Ok, DJI should have a Video RX only, option so that way you can put the RX near the swicher or Directors table, and you can freely fly where ever you like and far away from the RX.
Yep. I can't understand why they've gone with that requirement of staying in proximity, makes no sense. Of course several have complained but nothing has changed.

My guess is that the master - slave remotes should be close because only the master one has a "DATA" link with the aircraft, so the slave needs to send stick moves through bluetooth to the master remote, and that one sends the commands to the aircraft togheter with other controlls, and about video I'm sure it can't be sent through blueetooth, so it must be a direct connection with the aircraft, but maybe it's just listening, like any other video RX.

I read the manual now a few days, and there was a mention that you can link up to 6 remotes to watch the video, it might be weird but please try if you have 2 inspires (both with 2 remotes), try to link 3 remote controllers to one aircraft, 1 master and the others slave, from the first slave you can control the gimbal but from the third you cannot, so maybe it doesn't need the bluetooth connection

In the user manual, check page 29. Maybe it works.

dji inspire dual remotes setup.jpg

Reactions: KnightOwl
Yes you can use 2 separate inspire 1 video feeds and a switcher to select which one is live.

Yes you can utilize a 2nd slave controller sitting on a table meters away to output the video feed.

Just keep in mind that the live streaming video feed is only 720p and drops occasional frames. It might not look impressive on a BIG screen.

We used a pair recently and remotes need to be near each other (and as mentioned occassional drop outs are normal) - we were camera #6 on this concert shoot -

I thought the video signal comes to the slave direct from the aircraft only camera controls does via 5.8.

It does, but for some reason video still gets disabled if the 5.8 link gets lost.
The only 2 explanations I'd think of are synchronization (could be a technical limitation that the slave radio needs info from the master to know how to receive the video), or a "privacy" choice from DJI so that someone can't see the video from further away... but the latter would make no sense as you have to authorize the slave with binding and password so once it's done it should be considered to be allowed to receive "for good" (until unpaired)!

My good, when are they going to bulid a COMPLETE system that really works ??

You can use a HDMI extender from the RC. Here is one I found:
http://www.amazon.com/J-Tech-Digita...&qid=1444003843&sr=1-6&keywords=hdmi+extender
But, there are many different ones. This was the first one I saw, I am sure they make ones that will go further, and some without wires. Just depends how much you want to spend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD