Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can I zoom (with the right lens) with the X5S?

Reaction score
I recently purchased an Inspire 2 with an X4S camera. But I'm curious about the capabilities of the X5S. If I had the X5S, can I zoom in and out from the DJI 4 Go app? I understand that you can change lenses with the X5S.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

With the X5S you can zoom with the right lenses, below is a list of compatible lenses for the X5S, the ones in RED you can zoom with:
  • Olympus M.Zuiko 12mm/2.0.
  • DJI MFT 15mm/1.7 ASPH.
  • Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm/1.8.
  • Panasonic Lumix 15mm/1.7.
  • Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm/1.8.
  • Panasonic Lumix 14-42mm/3.5-5.6 HD.
  • Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm/1.8.
  • Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm/4.0-5.6.

Yes, funny I was at B&H for the first time yesterday. Massive store, I must visit again and also attend one of the seminars while in NY the next time I visit.

I recently purchased an Inspire 2 with an X4S camera. But I'm curious about the capabilities of the X5S. If I had the X5S, can I zoom in and out from the DJI 4 Go app? I understand that you can change lenses with the X5S.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots
Changed your thread title to something a little more descriptive. :)

Last edited:
In regards to balancing rings, are they removable? It appears that the ring that comes with the X5S can only rotate to a locked and unlocked position. The user manual was not specifically clear. Any support is appreciated.

The X5S camera uses two things to balance the lenses, a balance ring which screws into the filter thread on the front of the lens, and a balance cap that fastens to the rear of the camera itself.

Both are removeable. The exact size and weight of the ring and cap depend on which lens you are using. there's a list of suggested balance rings/caps in the X5S manual, and they can be bought from DJI or the retailers.

The balance rings are denoted by a filter diameter followed by a weight eg 46o10 is a 46mm dia 10g ring.

One thing I've noticed is that a number of balance rings are the same as those for the X5, and the X5 ones are slightly cheaper than the X5S ones ;) by a couple of bucks :D

The X5S camera uses two things to balance the lenses, a balance ring which screws into the filter thread on the front of the lens, and a balance cap that fastens to the rear of the camera itself.

Both are removeable. The exact size and weight of the ring and cap depend on which lens you are using. there's a list of suggested balance rings/caps in the X5S manual, and they can be bought from DJI or the retailers.

The balance rings are denoted by a filter diameter followed by a weight eg 46o10 is a 46mm dia 10g ring.

One thing I've noticed is that a number of balance rings are the same as those for the X5, and the X5 ones are slightly cheaper than the X5S ones ;) by a couple of bucks :D

Thanks Nick. I have not been able to remove the balancing ring. I can rotate it but not completely remove it but then again, I have no need as chances are I will not be buying additional lenses. I did buy a set of filters. Hoya ND 8, CIRPL, and UV. Tried the CIRPL and it worked quite well.

The balance ring on the front if the lens should come fully off! If you're attaching other filters, you should remove it otherwise the lens camera combination will become front heavy.

Thanks Nick. Again, you come through with the goods. I'm away for a week so now Inspire but I will try it when I get back home.

You can zoom with the lenses in red, but the Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm/4.0-5.6. Has no power zoom so needs to be manually zoomed before you take off.

The 14 - 42 is a power zoom and can be controlled by DJI Go

Can you provide link to the :
I see two different models

Can you provide link to the :
I see two different models
You want the shorter one.... the Olympus 14-42 tends to be cheaper and is the same lens as far as I can tell in weight and size, not 100% sure on the optics.

Reactions: FlyingPhotosKR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop