Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can I zoom (with the right lens) with the X5S?

If you are still having issues take 1/ 4 inch strip of duct tape with a length that can wrap around the circumference of the balance ring with about 1 inch of excess. Acts like an oil filter wrench as it keeps the balance ring from being malformed. Works great for stuck ND filters as well as they tend to be thinner.

Hi....i have an i2 with x5s and cedence remote and have picked up a panasonic 14-42 hd lens....i have searched for but can find no way of controlling the zoom function...any guidance/help would be welcomed from the community :)

With the X5S you can zoom with the right lenses, below is a list of compatible lenses for the X5S, the ones in RED you can zoom with:
  • Olympus M.Zuiko 12mm/2.0.
  • DJI MFT 15mm/1.7 ASPH.
  • Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm/1.8.
  • Panasonic Lumix 15mm/1.7.
  • Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm/1.8.
  • Panasonic Lumix 14-42mm/3.5-5.6 HD.
  • Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm/1.8.
  • Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm/4.0-5.6.
I have the Panasonic Lumix 14-42 3.5-5.6 HD. Are you telling me that this can be zoomed, controlled by the Go 4 app?

Even more daunting is that I have once again scoured every menu/toggle, and where you have the 'telephoto' adjustment I have a 'tilt' control, using my finger same as the left wheel. This is driving me nuts, gonna go look see if C1/C2 are programmable for telephoto.

Even more daunting is that I have once again scoured every menu/toggle, and where you have the 'telephoto' adjustment I have a 'tilt' control, using my finger same as the left wheel. This is driving me nuts, gonna go look see if C1/C2 are programmable for telephoto.

You can only zoom using the DJI Go app with the pancake version of the 14-42, not the standard lens. ...

You can only zoom using the DJI Go app with the pancake version of the 14-42, not the standard lens. ...
Apparently i do not have the pancake version. Thanks, btw, here was a case of purchasing the lens so that I could help decide what prime lenses I would want, and was perfectly satisfied with its function in that regard. I have a 25 and 45 prime, now need something low enough to be a reasonable wide-angle.
Again, thanks!

Apparently i do not have the pancake version. Thanks, btw, here was a case of purchasing the lens so that I could help decide what prime lenses I would want, and was perfectly satisfied with its function in that regard. I have a 25 and 45 prime, now need something low enough to be a reasonable wide-angle.
Again, thanks!

I wonder why you aren’t seeing the zoom control in the DJI app?

Very strange.

I wonder why you aren’t seeing the zoom control in the DJI app?

Very strange.
Apparently there's a 'pancake' model that goes on Olympus, and that's the one that will zoom. The standard model will not zoom. I just purchased a used one (only one available) for 170 bucks, it'll be here Sunday. I'm not a great fan of zoom lenses and likely this inexpensive one has most of the ills of low-priced zooms, but can be handy in a pinch as I find my I1 with the Sony Z3 handy with the zoom.
BTW, one of the reviewers on Amazon was an Inspire 2 X5S pilot, gave it a good review.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah