Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can one lose connectivity while Setting waypoints which cause RTH?

Just don't fly behind the dome to set the next waypoint, you could take a different route there and it won't effect the waypoint flight.

With regards to what will happen, best bet is to try it, start setting some waypoints in a test area and then switch off the controller, the Inspire will likely react in the same way.
One needs to fly or walk to the waypoint spot which is behind the dome. No other way of setting the waypoints. If one walks, it will work I know, but it might not be possible to walk around it.
My guess is that once the aircraft goes behind the structure even in waypoint SETTING mode, it will lose contact and initiate RTH.
Only in the actual waypoint mission, will it fly autonomously regardless of contact with RC.

With the Waypoint feature, if you load a favourite with you saved and its 200 miles away, will the inspire say bye as it shoots off on a 200 mile trip to your favourite Waypoint? There is no way to name them either.

You can cancel everything all the time just putting the PC in P mode. It will stop immediately. btw with DJI GOs limits it will not allow you to fly to any waypoint more then 500m away. You need Litchi or Ultimate Flight for that.

One needs to fly or walk to the waypoint spot which is behind the dome. No other way of setting the waypoints. If one walks, it will work I know, but it might not be possible to walk around it.
My guess is that once the aircraft goes behind the structure even in waypoint SETTING mode, it will lose contact and initiate RTH.
Only in the actual waypoint mission, will it fly autonomously regardless of contact with RC.

Use Litchi or Ultimate Flight if you have Android to solve your problems. I am not sure there is anything available for IOS right now.

Flying a phantom while having a party sounds like a crime to me...Not...
I don't see a problem with flying at night..
Yeah only these guys where pretty drunk and the owner was giving the P3 to any of his friends who were all drunk and all flew over houses in my village.Absolutly windstill and after midnight.No wonder people were complaining.
Also didn't like it when people did come to me the day after.

Sorry you got the blame huppe...
flying after 10pm while drunk was inconsiderate to say the least...
sounds like we should ban alcohol. ..lol..
it's one of the worst drugs on the planet and in my estimation it ruins roughly half the people lives who use it...
I know in the US 80% percent of prisoners in jail are there for an alcohol related crime..
maybe we should make people take test to drink and license that?? Lol...

Yeah only these guys where pretty drunk and the owner was giving the P3 to any of his friends who were all drunk and all flew over houses in my village.Absolutly windstill and after midnight.No wonder people were complaining.
Also didn't like it when people did come to me the day after.

Reactions: huppe and crashburn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont