Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cannot connect to Ipad air 2.

Reaction score
Tonight I went to finally upgrade my inspire 1 to version 1.3 and then I was going to update to version 1.4.

Last time I was out flying with my Inspire 1 all was working as should be. Today I charged all my batteries and decided I would start the latest update to 1.3. I powered everything up and now I am getting no live feed to my ipad air 2.

Version of the dji pilot ap was from june of this year.

I thought OK maybe there is an issue with my DJI pilot app so I will just delete it and re/download it.

Mistake for sure as I can not find the previous version of the app to download to retry it.

Kind of lost now on what route to go here?????

Is there any way to re/download the older version of the pilot ap?

At a complete loss here.

Not sure if I should even try to update now to version 1.3 as I will have no way of knowing if I have properly discharged that batteries as well.

The old app is incompatible with the newest firmware. You will have to update to the newest app update.. If you backed it up to iTunes you should still have it stored in the backup ipa files..

The old app is incompatible with the newest firmware. You will have to update to the newest app update.. If you backed it up to iTunes you should still have it stored in the backup ipa files..

I have not done the newest update yet. I had files that needed to be extracted from the inspire 1 before attempting any of the updates.

Last time I used the inspire 1 it was working perfect. tonight I went to fire it up and pull the videos and files off and I can no longer connect to my ipad.

I have read many reports of faulty USB connections but cannot see why it would suddenly fail when it was working perfect the last time I used it.

I am not even sure how to check if I backed it up to iTunes is there anyway to get a link to re download the older version of the ap to try and trouble shoot my problem?

Hey heli-insane. .
welcome to inspirepilots.com. ..
Start a conversation with huppe and ask him if he has a copy of the dji pilot app..
I'm not sure if he has the ios apps ,but if he doesn't he will probably know where to get it..
One thing to try is to connect the rc to the ac with the app off and see if it connects. . (Will be green lights on your rc)
If it connects and you don't get data or video you might want to load 1.0.2.16 on your SD card and try to see if it generates a text file..
if it doesn't you may have a bad usb port...

Tonight I went to finally upgrade my inspire 1 to version 1.3 and then I was going to update to version 1.4.

Last time I was out flying with my Inspire 1 all was working as should be. Today I charged all my batteries and decided I would start the latest update to 1.3. I powered everything up and now I am getting no live feed to my ipad air 2.

Version of the dji pilot ap was from june of this year.

I thought OK maybe there is an issue with my DJI pilot app so I will just delete it and re/download it.

Mistake for sure as I can not find the previous version of the app to download to retry it.

Kind of lost now on what route to go here?????

Is there any way to re/download the older version of the pilot ap?

At a complete loss here.

Not sure if I should even try to update now to version 1.3 as I will have no way of knowing if I have properly discharged that batteries as well.

Hey heli-insane. .
welcome to inspirepilots.com. ..
Start a conversation with huppe and ask him if he has a copy of the dji pilot app..
I'm not sure if he has the ios apps ,but if he doesn't he will probably know where to get it..
One thing to try is to connect the rc to the ac with the app off and see if it connects. . (Will be green lights on your rc)
If it connects and you don't get data or video you might want to load 1.0.2.16 on your SD card and try to see if it generates a text file..
if it doesn't you may have a bad usb port...

Thanks for the warm welcome turbodronepilot, I have sent huppe a message and hoping he might be able to assist me with the issue I am experiencing.

I have complete control of the inspire and I am getting a green light. I do know for a fact that before attempting to fly my inspire I will most definitely have to recalibrate my compass as the last time I was using it was at IRCHA 2015 heli jamboree in Muncie Indiana and I am now back home in Sudbury Ontario Canada.

I feel royally screwed at the moment to be honest and can not figure out why I am having this issue, last time I was flying the inspire it worked perfect.

Thanks for the help fingers crossed here that huppe maybe able to give me a hand with this one.

Cheers Keith

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
I'm interested to know if your usb port is transferring data or not..
that's why I suggested trying to install whatever firmware you're on and see if it will generate a text file..
when you are connected to your ac with the app on does the status bar say disconnected? ?

Yes it said disconnected, I could not gain access to any of the aircraft options. I could still operate the gimbal. So my first thoughts where something went wrong with my pilot ap or it did an automatic update.

This would be why I uninstalled it and then tried to reinstall it only to find out DJI download page no longer hosts it and is only showing a download link for the go ap.

I also tried a few different USB cords to see if that was the issue.
:/

Last edited:
Yes it said disconnected, I could not gain access to any of the aircraft options. I could still operate the gimbal. So my first thoughts where something went wrong with my pilot ap or it did an automatic update.

This would be why I uninstalled it and then tried to reinstall it only to find out DJI download page no longer hosts it and is only showing a download link for the go ap.

:/
Since the firmware update 1.3 the pilot app was replaced with the go app..
if you were on the same app from june that would be the pilot app ..if it automatically updated you're now on the go app ..

Yes it might of on me and if it did that might be the reason for me not being able to connect to my inspire 1.

I did not notice to be honest if it automatically updated the app. Last time I used it was 3 weeks ago and it worked perfect.

I hate updating my inspire and my phantom 3 so I was putting it off as long as possible.

I plan to get my commercial insurance in place very soon and I am about to apply for my first SFOC.

This little hiccup might be putting everything on hold. I hope I can find away to reinstall the version I had was 1.2.0.

Hopefully other members that have the 1.2.0 app will step up and share it with you, but I have a feeling your usb port is fried..
try and see if you can generate a text file on your SD card or pen drive with the same firmware you're on and see if it gives you an a abort text..
if it doesn't generate a text file I believe your usb port is fried..
I had the same issue when I wanted to check out the go app on my ladies Samsung s5. .
Since the second I tried to connect the app to the ac the usb port hasn't transferred data..
My rc is on the way to dji la now..trying to revert to a previous app didn't work or neither did the aviators patch file..

Yes it might of on me and if it did that might be the reason for me not being able to connect to my inspire 1.

I did not notice to be honest if it automatically updated the app. Last time I used it was 3 weeks ago and it worked perfect.

I hate updating my inspire and my phantom 3 so I was putting it off as long as possible.

I plan to get my commercial insurance in place very soon and I am about to apply for my first SFOC.

This little hiccup might be putting everything on hold. I hope I can find away to reinstall the version I had was 1.2.0.

Hopefully other members that have the 1.2.0 app will step up and share it with you, but I have a feeling your usb port is fried..
try and see if you can generate a text file on your SD card or pen drive with the same firmware you're on and see if it gives you an a abort text..
if it doesn't generate a text file I believe your usb port is fried..
I had the same issue when I wanted to check out the go app on my ladies Samsung s5. .
Since the second I tried to connect the app to the ac the usb port hasn't transferred data..
My rc is on the way to dji la now..trying to revert to a previous app didn't work or neither did the aviators patch file..

Did DJI make you send in the whole unit or just the transmitter?

Pretty sure you can't get the Apple install file anywhere other than from an iTunes account, it's my understanding they are linked. Someone who has it would have to let you log into their itunes account in order for you to install it.

If you can afford to buy a new RC you'll be good to go..just get someone to share the 1.0.2 pilot app..
Good thing you have a backup p3 ,but maybe get another chopper so you have two working and one being repaired. .
Well if that turns out to be the issue that will definitely put the nail in the coffin for my flying season with the Inspire 1.

:(

If you can afford to buy a new RC you'll be good to go..just get someone to share the 1.0.2 pilot app..
Good thing you have a backup p3 ,but maybe get another chopper so you have two working and one being repaired. .

Buying another Inspire 1 is not an option at this point in time. Winter will arrive in less then 2 months here in Canada and it is not what I would call good drone flying weather.

That blows...
The weather is pretty good here in California and winter doesn't slow things down much..
Anyway let me know what you find out ..
hopefully you'll get it working correctly again and back up in the air soon!!
turb...

Buying another Inspire 1 is not an option at this point in time. Winter will arrive in less then 2 months here in Canada and it is not what I would call good drone flying weather.

Just through the firmware for 1.3 on a usb stick and have tried to update my transmitter I do not get any of the updating chimes and the controller has a red light and does absolutely nothing. I do not even get a file stating the firmware has failed. I do not think my USB port is actually working at all.

Just tried that again an now it is actually updating for me. Hopefully I can resolve this issue.

Just checked the log files and it is showing updated successfully. Tomorrow in the day time I will update the inspire 1 and see if I get my live video feed back. So far so good! LOL fingers crossed here.

I would attempt it tonight but all that beeping might wake the sleeping wife up!

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell