Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can't enter travel mode on newest firmware

Interesting. Mine says Normal.

In which are you referring? This, Gimbal Disconnected?
4f85eb626ff4b3238951b7715fccb764.jpg

Or This, GIMBAL disconnected
8538184b9497279d3be18e3427804318.jpg

I've had the I1 for about a week now. Took it out the case. Exit it out of travel mode with no problem. Charged the batteries and remote. Took it out and flew it in 2 different days ,with no problems. Never put it back on travel mode.
Was using it with a galaxy note 4. So I've decided to update the firmware.
Did the batteries, the remote and aircraft. Recieved my Nvidia shield tablet downloaded the app and took it out for a 3 round.
I've noticed after the update, the craft wasn't as stable as it was the first 2 flights. Specially when flying it low.
3 days later "today" I've tried to put it in travel mode for the first time and the landing gear did not want to stop leveled. It kept going into flight mode.
Ive tried all kinds of surfaces, even lighting the floor, paper under the aircraft, plastic, hardwood floor, the case, glass and wood tables, carpet, tows, ceramic tile and somehow, i finally got it to travel mode once.
Packed it and went to fly it at a different location. It was very unstable, to the point where i stopped and took it home. it will not go into travel mode again regardless of what i do. And now the remote knob or the app function wont do anything at all when i tell it to go into travel mode.
I've downgraded the firmware to v1.2.1.06 and the comands are still unresponsive. Landing gear will go up or down all the way when told to, but commanding it to travel mode, it wont even move anymore.
I tried downgrating the firmware on the remote with the usb card reader, it didn't do anything but it link with the aircraft and still responsive.
I did my research, i know about the up and down 4 times with the knob to get it into travel mode. So it wasn't just the app.
I know that everything im doing is correct. I did calibrate the compas before all flights.
I have a feeling that the sonar sensor or the optical sensor have been effected by the update.
I've reset the app settings to default. No changes and even hit the red button on the aircraft. Apart from the lights blinkin when holding the red button down for some time, nothing else changed.
I am updating the firmware to v1.3 again and hoping it was just a bad update on my part. Even though the app confirmed it was up to date.
Its a very simple command and it shouldn't be that complicated, specifically when running all new firmware on a brand new and expensive aircraft. Not to mention a brand new tablet with new app installed.

If anyone can help me out or is going through the same thing, let me know.

I'm STILL unable to enter travel mode. I've tried all the above answers. Has this issue been resolved? I've read all the topics covering this issue. This topic doesn't seem to be complete. Help please.

I'm STILL unable to enter travel mode. I've tried all the above answers. Has this issue been resolved? I've read all the topics covering this issue. This topic doesn't seem to be complete. Help please.
Does your Inspire go all the way into flight mode or just not even start to initiate travel mode?
If the latter have you tried turning the worm drive 1/8 turn with a screwdriver to give it a nudge?

Reactions: CoolMetal
Does your Inspire go all the way into flight mode or just not even start to initiate travel mode?
If the latter have you tried turning the worm drive 1/8 turn with a screwdriver to give it a nudge?
Thanks for the reply! Yes. It does fine going from landing mode to flight mode. Excuse my ignorance, what's the worm drive?

I must confess. I did have a wreck a while back that twisted the landing gear in the middle of the "T fiting" that clamps the parallel crossbars with the motors on it. I fixed said issue and believe I didn't have issues entering travel mode one or twice after that. Maybe. It flys and operates fine. It's just the travel mode I can't figure out.

I don't think travel mode is an option in my dji go app either. I see some posted pics of the option under advanced settings. I always just used the 4 click method.

Thanks for the reply! Yes. It does fine going from landing mode to flight mode. Excuse my ignorance, what's the worm drive?

I must confess. I did have a wreck a while back that twisted the landing gear in the middle of the "T fiting" that clamps the parallel crossbars with the motors on it. I fixed said issue and believe I didn't have issues entering travel mode one or twice after that. Maybe. It flys and operates fine. It's just the travel mode I can't figure out.

I don't think travel mode is an option in my dji go app either. I see some posted pics of the option under advanced settings. I always just used the 4 click method.
OK, turn the Inspire over on its head and you will see a small hole in the gimbal mounting plate. Look through that hole and you will see a screw slot which is the worm drive that the landing gear runs up and down on. Put a flat bladed screwdriver in that hole and move the worm drive very slight (1/8 turn) to nudge the landing gear manually.
Then flip it back right side up, power everything on and see if that works.
However, if it is transforming OK from landing to flight mode it maybe in your crash you damaged the VPS and therefore the aircraft cannot sense when it is within an inch or so of the surface it is sitting on and therefore cannot stop in travel mode.

OK, turn the Inspire over on its head and you will see a small hole in the gimbal mounting plate. Look through that hole and you will see a screw slot which is the worm drive that the landing gear runs up!and down on. Put a flat bladed screwdriver in that hole and move the worm drive very slight (1/8 turn) to nudge the landing gear manually.
Then flip it back right side up, power everything on and see if that works.
However, if it is transforming OK from landing to flight mode it maybe in your crash you damaged the VPS and therefore the aircraft cannot sense when it is within an inchn or so of the surface it is sitting on and therefore cannot stop in travel mode.
Thanks for the heads up! I'm on a job right now. I will try your advice when I get home and report back. Again, thanks! 0859 ET.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm on a job right now. I will try your advice when I get home and report back. Again, thanks! 0859 ET.
Well, it was worth a try. It did not work. I guess I have a damaged VPS. It won't even do it from inside the app. Is there a full proof way to check the VPS for damage or malfunction? Also, that screw is a pain to reach on my Inspire 1 Version 2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips