Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can't find the Gimbal Wheel Speed option after RC firmware update

Reaction score
After the recent RC firmware update ver.1.7.60, I've noticed that my gimbal wheel speed has been reset and it is way too fast. It was 35/100

But I can't seem to find that option anymore in the Dji Go App. It should be the first option in the RC menu>RC settings..just right above RC Calibration

Where has it gone? Please help.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

03a91dc02ded26b8f0eaf74edadf9484.jpg

That setting is in the "Gimbal Settings" --> "Advanced Settings" section of DJI GO.

Checking with Dji support at the moment. And Yes the advance setting option under gimbal, not RC (sorry I missed it). Though it was already set to 40/100 in conf 3 that I selected and still looks like 100/100 before. I changed the gimbal speed down to 5/100 and start noticing some drop which is close to 40-50/100 in previous settings. It may be something else I need to change. Still waiting! Thanks guys.

I also have experienced a problem with the new firmware and getting my gimbal set up for slow moves, as I had it just the way I wanted prior to the update. Now when I change gimbal speed setting under "gimbal settings" it has zero effect on my pan or tilt speed.

As per Dji suggestion, they told me to downgrade the rc firmware and see. So I did, at first the wheel speed was back to normal which was great. Then I upgraded again and the issue came back again. So they told me to downgrade it and wait for their instruction while they were checking with their RND team. So I downgraded again, but this time the issue was somehow appeared in the older version too and I couldn't fix it. Told them that but they said keep trying playing with gain & expo settings, ...basically they have no idea.

Now I have to reduce the gimbal speed to 5/100 to get back to the normal speed I used to have before. I tried to play with the rc calibration for the gimbal too but no luck. Stuck with that setting now.

I have the same issue, but still don't find the gimbal wheel speed option. I have Phantom 4 and also updated the DJI GO app.
Could anybody explain where I can find it, cause it's very hard to fly with this gimbal setting.

Thank you!
Madis

Same issue here. Wheel speed setting has just vanished. I didn't do a firmware update though, possibly only GO update. Mid shoot the gimbal started responding aggressively and now I can't change it.

Same issue here. Wheel speed setting has just vanished. I didn't do a firmware update though, possibly only GO update. Mid shoot the gimbal started responding aggressively and now I can't change it.
I did have an RC update available, so I went ahead and did that. Didn't change a thing - still no wheel speed programming available and the gimbal is srill hyper-responsive. My issue literally arose mid-maneuver. I was 2 flights into a shoot and all of a sudden it just forgot it had wheel speed params and is effectively useless until it gets sorted.
Updated from 1.7.40 to 1.7.60 on RC to try and solve issues, GO App is at iOS 3.1.1.

I found changing the Gimbal Pitch EXP and Gimbal Yaw EXP has gotten it back roughly to what I had it like before, but I'm not convinced those params are a direct replacement for the original Gimbal Wheel Speed parameter. I'll be keeping tabs on this thread hoping a resolution comes forward.

I changed the gimbal speed to 5% to stop the aggressive response and get back to the normal speed I used to have before. It works for now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide