Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can't get Osmo working. Seriously stuck

Reaction score
Hey all. Have a major issue with my Osmo.

I originally purchased the handle only thinking I'd save a few hundred euro. Handle arrived and I attached it with no luck. The gamble just calibrated for a few seconds and started beeping till the battery died.

Had the wifi connection but dji go app wouldn't show the Osmo.

At this point realised that it wasn't supported yet. I'd been on to my reseller who suggested rolling back my inspire firmware to see if that worked. It didn't.

After about two weeks I just got sick of trying so splashed out on the Osmo camera itself.

I thought this will cure all my problems. Sadly it hasn't. The Osmo camera won't even calibrate when powered up. Again it connects in wifi but the dji go app shows it as the inspire. But then won't display the camera.

The gamble just flops there. There is no control etc.

I saw an update for the inspire that allows the x3 to work with the Osmo. I've installed it but not fixing my problem. I've checked and the camera is updated to the right firmware.

Has anyone any suggestions. Is there a pairing issue when changing cameras on the Osmo itself maybe.

Can I just factory reset the Osmo somehow?

I've used a few different micro sd cards and tried setup on both my iPad and Galaxy s6.

Haven't gotten to the activation stage even with this yet.

If anyone could help I'd be eternally grateful. I really don't want to have to return this but I've literally spent hours trying to get it working with no luck

The Osmo gimbal goes dead if one of the axis is locked or the firmware is trying to update the gimbal. Otherwise, it should power up even if the handle is not connected to the ipad. That might be an issue. You might want to try updating the Osmo camera with the most current firmware if you haven't already done that. That might reset the gimbal and handle. There was an issue early on when people would try attaching the X3 Inspire gimbal without compatible firmware and it would cause issues. It's odd that the Osmo is displaying as an inspire on the dji go app. I wonder if trying to connect and X3 without compatible firmware caused an identification problem. Again, trying to update the X3 Osmo camera firmware might reset it.

Reactions: smurfirl
I called to my reseller today. They got onto dji and it looks like it was actually a faulty handle itself.

They replaced it for me with a new one there and then which works perfectly.

Reactions: Bokatom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84