Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can't Get Shou Recording App to Work On iPad?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Followed some very well detailed steps on YouTube on how to download and install, then use the free Shou app on an iPad Air 2 + DJI Pilot app with Inspire 1. I've carefully redone each step a number of times, and I always get a dark screen where the Pilot app should be displaying what the camera sees when I replay the Shou videos. Of course 1 key part I always have activated is the Assistive Touch as outlined in the YouTube tutorial - you can even see the Assistive Touch icon while playing back the Shou videos!

Anyone else get over this frustrating situation? Thanks.

- John

I have the Pilot app open with camera transmitting perfect video feed to iPad Air 2. I launch Shou, hit record, return to Pilot app and begin brief camera title/pan moves. Return to Shou, hit stop record, playback the video which shows Shou screen in record, then me returning to Pilot app. Once the pilot app is on screen, you see the full camera view for 1 second, then the camera goes black. You see the app's blue circle appear showing me maneuvering the camera, just blank screen where camera picture should be within Pilot app.

Look here at 4:54 mark to see exactly what is happening. This is the tutorial I followed to get this all working...

Hi Guys,

Followed some very well detailed steps on YouTube on how to download and install, then use the free Shou app on an iPad Air 2 + DJI Pilot app with Inspire 1. I've carefully redone each step a number of times, and I always get a dark screen where the Pilot app should be displaying what the camera sees when I replay the Shou videos. Of course 1 key part I always have activated is the Assistive Touch as outlined in the YouTube tutorial - you can even see the Assistive Touch icon while playing back the Shou videos!

Anyone else get over this frustrating situation? Thanks.

- John
Have you activated assistive touch in your ipad settings? That must be on all the time. Otherwise you'll experience what you're experience now.
Also, clear out your recordings once you reach around 10 in shou otherwise it starts to play up.

Sirnikolas,

Yes I definitely have Assistive Touch checked off in my iPad General settings, and after clicking the home button 3 times to launch it, the Assistive Touch icon shows up clearly while I'm in the Pilot app. Even hard restarted the iPad, still no go...

- John

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips