Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can't Upgrade Firmware on X5 Camera

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just updated to FW 1.8. Everything went to plan except the X5. I tried updating the aircraft with the SD card in the X5 but nothing happened. I put the X3 camera on and the update installed as normal and I have the text file to say it worked. I then updated the RC's and the batteries...again all good.

With the X5 connected the the RC has a message saying the camera needs upgrading but I just can't get it to launch the update. I have tried a couple of different SD cards but there's nothing doing. The camera is recording images to these SD cards so all the connections appear to be ok.

Any thoughts? I'm kinda baffled by this one.

I just realized something. I was attempting to update from 1.4.0.70 to 1.08.01.40. The update would not begin. I just downloaded 1.8.1.00 and the camera is updating now. It appears as though we have to step it up to 1.8.1.00 first before updating any further.

Last edited:
X5. I just realized I can't go any further than 1.8.1.00 with the standard X5. Looks like I'm up to date.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your replies. All sorted now. I have the original Inspire with the X5 as a later addition. Seems I needed the PRO firmware to update the X5. I had downloaded the Inspire version. A perfect flying day here...cloudless sky, zero wind. I'm off out with the bird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frem1962