Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Carbon Fiber Sleeve's for your I1 broken arm

Reaction score
Currently fixing an inspire with a broken "wing". I found a carbon fiber tube replacement and cut a "sleeve" for the fix. I saw this on YouTube but decided against making one, bought a CF tube and cut the sleeve. I was very surprised on how it fits. It fits like a glove inside the inspire arm. You actually have to pinch the sleeve together and slide it into the arm. Once inside, even with out the adhesive, its in their good. Obviously you use adhesive to hold the sleeve in place that connects the broken arms together. I will be adding some filler adhesive to the outside after the inside adhesive is dry and cured.
Please Note: This fix is if you are out of warranty and don't want to wait for DJI, or don't want to pay 400+ for a new arm.
If anyone would need one, I will only have 9 of them. I'd let each go for $20 bucks shipped if someone would need one for a fix. If you are outside the USA the cost may be more based on shipping.
PM me if your interested.

Attachments

• IMG_0969.JPG
    IMG_0969.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0970.JPG
    IMG_0970.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0971.JPG
    IMG_0971.JPG
    997.1 KB · Views: 54
Works well and is as strong the original, however there is no need to us Carbon Fibre .... I did this repair on mine 6 months ago using 19mm poly plumbing tube sanded to be a perfect fit and split lengthways ... total cost $2.
mine has been flying perfectly ever since.

This carbon fibre option is also a great way to maintain integrity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla