Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Carry Case | Additional Batteries | Storage

Reaction score
Hi,
I've just purchased a DJI Inspire 1 which arrives next Thursday...

In the product description it states that a "carry case" is in the box (I'm assuming its the same case that comes with all Inspire 1 purchases).

I'm also looking at purchasing 3 additional batteries for the inspire 1.

Will the general carry case hold 3 additional batteries? Are there any other cases you would suggest I purchased for storing the Inspire 1?

I'll be honest, I'm a total novice and "jumped" straight in an purchased the Inspire 1, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi,
I've just purchased a DJI Inspire 1 which arrives next Thursday...

In the product description it states that a "carry case" is in the box (I'm assuming its the same case that comes with all Inspire 1 purchases).

I'm also looking at purchasing 3 additional batteries for the inspire 1.

Will the general carry case hold 3 additional batteries? Are there any other cases you would suggest I purchased for storing the Inspire 1?

I'll be honest, I'm a total novice and "jumped" straight in an purchased the Inspire 1, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan
Yes, the original case will hold 7 additional batteries.
It's actually quite well designed, however whilst it is fine for travelling in a car etc, you will need something far more substantial for air travel.
A Pelican case for example.

Yes, the original case will hold 7 additional batteries.
It's actually quite well designed, however whilst it is fine for travelling in a car etc, you will need something far more substantial for air travel.
A Pelican case for example.

Excellent, thank you. Is there anywhere online you would suggest purchasing additional batteries from as well?

Thanks

Excellent, thank you. Is there anywhere online you would suggest purchasing additional batteries from as well?

Thanks
They are all pretty much the same price but I would suggest always getting batteries from local(ish) dealers since they will swop them out without issue if there is a dud. If you purchase from DJI and you have a problem it's a lottery how it will be dealt with.

I recently got the Go Professional compact landing mode hard case (Pelican-style) and while it's great, it seems that it's not deep enough for the Inspire! Closing it puts a noticeable hump in the lid which means any impact when being loaded on a plane will be transmitted through the airframe...

(I did have a search but couldn't find any mention of the compact landing mode case... sorry if hijacking this thread was inappropriate, happy to start a new one :)

Something to keep in mind is that landing mode cases, while seeming simpler because they eliminate the need to remove gimbal, actually put extra stress on your gimbal. Even if there is a gimbal lock, the weight of the gimbal is on the main pivot (pan motor). I had one (X5) break after a very minor encounter with a tree branch which showed very clearly that this is the weakest point of the gimbal. I feel a lot more secure with the camera / gimbal in it's own cushioned case.
My 2 cents.....

Something to keep in mind is that landing mode cases, while seeming simpler because they eliminate the need to remove gimbal, actually put extra stress on your gimbal. Even if there is a gimbal lock, the weight of the gimbal is on the main pivot (pan motor). I had one (X5) break after a very minor encounter with a tree branch which showed very clearly that this is the weakest point of the gimbal. I feel a lot more secure with the camera / gimbal in it's own cushioned case.
My 2 cents.....

Yeah, that's a good point and I appreciate your input. The case in question does leave room for the X5 box and I agree, for long-term transport, it's better to put the gimbal in there. But for a day of site visits, I think it will save a lot of time being able to pull the Inspire straight out, pop the props on and get into the air.

I often leave my gimbal on when going from one shoot to another and leave the props on. I fold up a towel and set it under the gimbal just thick enough to take the weight off. But at the end of the day, in the case she goes.
Recently I got a second SD card so that at the end of the day, when I am packing up, I put in the fresh one so that I don't need to remove the gimbal from its case once I get home to retrieve the data. I never fill up a SD card, but saw there was a lot of additional handling once I was done flying. Is this efficiency.... or laziness?
Probably both!!

Is this efficiency.... or laziness? Probably both!!

Haha, anything which saves time is fine by me!

So here are several thousands words' worth of explanation:

WIN_20170101_13_29_47_Pro.jpg The Go Professional compact landing mode case

WIN_20170101_13_30_44_Pro.jpg The very same case feeling reluctant to close

WIN_20170101_13_30_04_Pro_LI.jpg It seems to me that the top of the airframe is the culprit

WIN_20170101_13_34_24_Pro.jpg With the aid of the spirit level, the hump is obvious

WIN_20170101_13_37_39_Pro_LI.jpg You can see the marks both from the struts and the feet in the rigid foam, so the airframe is apparently sitting where it ought to...

Haha, anything which saves time is fine by me!

So here are several thousands words' worth of explanation:

View attachment 11439 The Go Professional compact landing mode case

View attachment 11441 The very same case feeling reluctant to close

View attachment 11440 It seems to me that the top of the airframe is the culprit

View attachment 11442 With the aid of the spirit level, the hump is obvious

View attachment 11443 You can see the marks both from the struts and the feet in the rigid foam, so the airframe is apparently sitting where it ought to...
Yah, that doesn't look good at all. The case is supposed to protect the bird. That clearly isn't the case (Pun!?) here.
I see now why they did the lid foam differently in the caseman case. The eggcrate foam is removed in the middle allowing headroom but is still there to hold everything else down into it's respective pocket. It holds the bird down at the motors. But, in your application, removing it would not hold the bird down since the 'roof' is the high point.
I sure wouldn't use it on an airplane cuz the 300 pound gorillas will surely pile other stuff on top of it.
Caseman.jpg

Yah, that doesn't look good at all. The case is supposed to protect the bird. That clearly isn't the case (Pun!?) here.
I sure wouldn't use it on an airplane cuz the 300 pound gorillas will surely pile other stuff on top of it.

Thanks, I wondered if I were just being paranoid... this case cost $800 and just doesn't protect the Inspire! I will get in touch with Go Professional.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan