Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Caution/Warning UAV flying/filming cordon/signs

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Jonnyboyb, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Jonnyboyb

Hey All

I've been reading posts for several weeks, very interesting and helpful. I'm a UK based Op, I've been flying my Phantom for a few years and now an inspire owner.

We've recently done a shoot at work and we used some UAV companies. We had some nice warning/caution Signs made up, to Cordon off the landing area. We have some left and I thought there maybe someone on here who may need or make use of them. They're brand new and still in packaging. I hope it's ok posting about these on here!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Drone-UAV-RPAS-Filming-Caution-Warning-Sign-Or-Cordon-DJI-/271961427252?

Thanks guys! Happy Droning!

Attached Files:

Mazz, The Editor and Scotflieger like this.
  2. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

Ohhhh... I likey!!

One has ordered one :p

3. Jonnyboyb

Excellent. It will be out tomorrow! If you like them, tell your friends! I have a few left to shift!

4. Method007

Apologies! As this was posted in General Discussion, I was unaware that postings involving products did not allow general discussion. I had never visited the classifieds section of this forum before this thread was moved here. I have edited my posts to remove my discussion.

#4 Method007, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  5. Mazz

Mazz Moderator
    Staff Member

It's the reason we have insurance. It is dangerous and this is really good for warning people what is up since they rarely look. I have to say I like this a lot. I usually have a couple of helpers holding off the area but even so, I approve.

6. Transpire

Jonnyboyb,
    I am very interested in obtaining a couple of these but I am in the US. I messaged you on eBay. Would you consider shipping to the US?
    Let me know.
    Thanks,
    Ken

7. Jonnyboyb

Hi Method007. That's very sad and says more about your blame/liability culture in the US than ours in the UK.

This signs aren't designed for someone doing it as a hobby. In the UK if you are doing it as a hobby you shouldn't be flying it near somewhere that I'd aniticpate you need these signs anyway. These are designed for someone with a CAA permission to fly, filming professionally and wanting to add extra warning on top of systems already in place. We are going by CAA guidance to ensure you have a cordon if needed. If you don't think they're be any good, then you don't have to buy one!

Busch likes this.
  8. Mazz

Mazz Moderator
    Staff Member

I moved this to classifieds for obvious reasons.

9. Grasshopper

Like them - just ordered 2

10. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh
    Oh, good point Mazz! - I was so excited about my sign I missed it was in the wrong section. :p

CaptainBadge likes this.
  11. Raymondo

Hi, anyone still selling an RPAS sign?