Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ccmpass error occurring while in Atti mode

Reaction score
i've been noticing when I switch to Atti mode and my I1 begins traveling at speeds of >55mph, I often get a compass error warning. When I switch back to P mode, all seems to clear when speed lowers. Anyone have any idea as to why this is occurring or is experiencing the same?

Reactions: RDTech
Don't worry about this.Keep calm and lower your speed and see what is happening.Trust your skills for getting your bird back.
And I hope your not doing the compass dance everytime.

Reactions: RDTech and CCDD
Compass is not needed for controlling the aircraft in Atti mode.

It is needed as a fail-safe feature (in combination with GPS) in order to RTH in case you loose signal.

I only speculate that with over 55mph, GPS is not accurate enough, so compass error kicks in.

That's why you cannot run that fast in P - mode.

Reactions: RDTech and CCDD
Thanks for both responses. The error does disappear once I reduce speed or change back to P mode.

Reactions: RDTech
Compass is not needed for controlling the aircraft in Atti mode.

It is needed as a fail-safe feature (in combination with GPS) in order to RTH in case you loose signal.

I only speculate that with over 55mph, GPS is not accurate enough, so compass error kicks in.

That's why you cannot run that fast in P - mode.
Would this apply the same way to compass errors in large metal structures?
As long as I'm flying in ATTI mode I should be safe even if there is a compass error right?

P-Atti only uses the barometer to keep altitude. However, it is always advisable to have a working compass and enough GPS reception for when a emergency RTH kicks in. Inside a metal structure you will not have a good compass or GPS so switch off Smart RTH and take a few minutes less flying time for safety. Land it well before critical low power. Be also aware of differences in air pressure near the walls. Stay clear from them. The I1 can get 'sucked' to the wall because of lower pressure and the barometer might be off at that point causing it to change altitude suddenly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters