Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

cell voltage

Reaction score
Hi all.
Not sure why individual cell voltage indicator turns orange on some cells near low battery power.
Appreciate your help,

Paul

Not a good sign. What are the voltage differences in the cells?
There should be no more than .02 volts difference. Try discharging the battery in the drone, on the ground until the drone shuts down. Recharge and see if the problem persists. If it is orange or there's a difference of .02 volts per cell, don't fly with it! Check and see if it's under warranty.

Not a good sign. What are the voltage differences in the cells?
There should be no more than .02 volts difference. Try discharging the battery in the drone, on the ground until the drone shuts down. Recharge and see if the problem persists. If it is orange or there's a difference of .02 volts per cell, don't fly with it! Check and see if it's under warranty.
Hi.
Thanks for your help.
I have done the battery calibration just before the update to 1.4 but it looks like I need to do it again.
The voltage difference was . 03 on both cell's. The battery has only had 22 charge cycles since new so I hope it's just a firmware issue. If not, the battery is still under warranty anyway.
Again, thank you for your reply.

Paul

Hi.
Thanks for your help.
I have done the battery calibration just before the update to 1.4 but it looks like I need to do it again.
The voltage difference was . 03 on both cell's. The battery has only had 22 charge cycles since new so I hope it's just a firmware issue. If not, the battery is still under warranty anyway.
Again, thank you for your reply.

Paul
I have a battery with a weak cell (-0.03V) and it can indicate orange under load towards the very end of a flight. I am just tracking it with detailed record keeping (as with all my batteries). It is performing well and causing me no concerns at the moment.

I have a battery with a weak cell (-0.03V) and it can indicate orange under load towards the very end of a flight. I am just tracking it with detailed record keeping (as with all my batteries). It is performing well and causing me no concerns at the moment.
Hi scotflieger.
Thanks so much for your reply.
Now that you mention it, my battery is behaving exactly the same way.
I remember as soon as I disarmed the inspire the cells turned green again.
I think I will try another calibration to be on the safe side and to kill my nagging curiosity.
Thanks again,
Paul

Hi scotflieger.
Thanks so much for your reply.
Now that you mention it, my battery is behaving exactly the same way.
I remember as soon as I disarmed the inspire the cells turned green again.
I think I will try another calibration to be on the safe side and to kill my nagging curiosity.
Thanks again,
Paul
If you have a weak or failing cell then a recalibration will not fix it. In fact the extra strain of a full discharge may have adverse effects.

If you have a weak or failing cell then a recalibration will not fix it. In fact the extra strain of a full discharge may have adverse effects.
Just seems strange that the battery was perfect before the update.
I think I will follow your example for the next couple of flights (at very low level) and see what happens.
Thank you.

The update firmware has not caused what you are seeing but the GO app 2.2.0 that has introduced cell colour coding (green/amber/red), both on the battery dialog and the top line battery status, that is drawing any weak cells to user's attention.
Im sorry I totally missed that information with the go app. I will check it out.
Thank you for taking the time to help me out I really appreciate it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool