Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Center Screw Lube Suggestion?

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
What lube/grease are you all using? My Inspire 1 is rather new, almost a month old. I doubt the center screw needs any maintenance yet. However, when it does, I want the right stuff to use. I've heard DryFluid Lube being one of the products. Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Any thin silicon grease is fine - it's not that critical
If you want some good stuff you can try Triflow.
Been around for years and used in the RC world.
Triflow - Tri-Flow Synthetic Grease
I tried looking around locally for Triflow. They don't have that exact one. They also don't ship to Canada. Hopefully Amazon carries this grease.

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
Can someone post a photo of the screw that's being spoken of?

I am confused by all this discussion on what to grease with. Both Dji and my local drone shop say don't lubricate at all. (despite one early dji maintenance document saying it should be done after 50 hours.

Well the grease DJI has applied will either get dirty which you will need to clean off, or the grease will dry out. If it dries, it'll cause friction. That's the last thing you need. I'd rather be safe applying grease when required. I might wait till 60-70 flights to apply grease.

Today I disabled the Self-Adaptive Landin Gear. I figured disabling it and manually raise the landing gear when I'm not close to the ground, will avoid any dirt sticking to the center screw. Especially taking off in grassy areas or dusty areas that can cause an issue with it sticking on the center screw. Have you all disabled this as well? By the way, the Tri-Flow Clear Synthetic Grease is coming this week :)

Attachments

• 13123230_10153795642324055_9093183873035530591_o.jpg
    13123230_10153795642324055_9093183873035530591_o.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 12
Grease applied. Had it in travel mode, then applied it on the threads. Lowered the legs and engaged travel mode a few times, jobs done. However, I noticed on the bottom of the screw where the sealed bearing is, the excess grease landed there. Had to clean it up a bit :p. Very pleased with the grease. With it being clear, it looks good and hard to tell anything is on the screw. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD