Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Central Texas

Reaction score
Website
www.joncahillphoto.com
Checking in from central Texas. Currently underway for my 107, lots of study to do.

Been enjoying an Inspire 1 V2 for the moment. I will be performing building and roof inspections after some certifications. FLIR XT is on the way as well!

I'm originally from Houston and now in NC, I might end up back in Houston before too long. I also have an Inspire 1 but the XT isn't in the budget....yet.

The 107 test isn't easy and definitely takes preparation but it is doable. How are you going about your roof and building inspection certifications? Do you have existing experience? I have been doing the work to become a home inspector, already certified for roofs and am thinking about knocking out the insurance adjuster cert, as well. The home inspection thing will be my primary, as of now, and the drone stuff on the side until such a time as it would happen to be sustainable. My whole purpose of being on this forum is trying to figure out how to take it from part time to making a living flying toy helicopters.

Best of luck with your test and upcoming business stuff.

I'm originally from Houston and now in NC, I might end up back in Houston before too long. I also have an Inspire 1 but the XT isn't in the budget....yet.

The 107 test isn't easy and definitely takes preparation but it is doable. How are you going about your roof and building inspection certifications? Do you have existing experience? I have been doing the work to become a home inspector, already certified for roofs and am thinking about knocking out the insurance adjuster cert, as well. The home inspection thing will be my primary, as of now, and the drone stuff on the side until such a time as it would happen to be sustainable. My whole purpose of being on this forum is trying to figure out how to take it from part time to making a living flying toy helicopters.

Best of luck with your test and upcoming business stuff.

Im going the route that my company allows, more or less. We would be performing inspections on commercial properties that we manage, along with energy analysis programs, hence the budget for XT. There is a whole new world out there and the training group and I are working out the path.

The 107 is going to bring back some memories when I was taking flying lessons when I was younger. Looking back, I really see how valuable it would have been to go through with the program. However, budget was tight and school work/family took priority.

We have similar aspirations! Please share your progress with us. I'm working on my 107 as well. Like you, I did most of my ground school when I was 15, but life took me in other directions. Man, I forgot how much information is in a sectional!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez