Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Change speed in Tripod Mode?

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a newbie here, so I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere. Can anyone tell me how to increase the speed in Tripod Mode? It says in the manual it can be changed in the App, but so far I can't find where to do that. I love how smooth all the controls are in this mode for video, but the speed is just too slow, and I'd very much love to go a bit faster.
Thanks in advance!

When I am in Tripod mode I get a pop up adjustable slider on the screen of my iPad.
For speed? I've never seen that... the only slider which shows up is for focus if I'm not using my focus hand wheel....

I can't seem to be able to determine which version I have.... I'm running it on an iPad Pro 9.7". It just shows it as the 'Go 4' app, and no update options. I just downloaded it about a month ago, so I'm assuming it's the latest version? But still no way to adjust the speed in Tripod Mode....

Okay.... figured out I have version 4.0.8
This seems to be the latest version.... so why don't I have the option to adjust speed?

Send a screenshot of your GO app in tripod mode. It's at the bottom. You can adjust horizontal, vertical and yaw speed.

Hi, Kyle
Thanks for responding.... here are a couple of shots (sorry, I didn't know how to do a screen grab on my iPad when I did this so I just shot some images from my phone. I can do a screen grab now if it will be clearer than my smudged up photos) I did not find any box I could initiate an adjustment from, with the exception of tapping on the 'Tripod Mode' at the top, which just took me into the 'equipment' screen for the craft. I can make EXP adjustments there, but I don't think this is what I want? I included a shot of that screen as well.... I'm headed out on an overseas shoot the day after tomorrow and would love to get this figured out before I go. I am a cinematographer before I'm a pilot, so I've been having a crash course this past month and love Tripod Mode for the smooth response and result in my video. But it's just far too slow in that mode for some of the shots we want to accomplish on this assignment.

Attachments

• dji1.jpg
    dji1.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 65
  • dji2.jpg
    dji2.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 64
Hi, Kyle
Thanks for responding.... here are a couple of shots (sorry, I didn't know how to do a screen grab on my iPad when I did this so I just shot some images from my phone. I can do a screen grab now if it will be clearer than my smudged up photos) I did not find any box I could initiate an adjustment from, with the exception of tapping on the 'Tripod Mode' at the top, which just took me into the 'equipment' screen for the craft. I can make EXP adjustments there, but I don't think this is what I want? I included a shot of that screen as well.... I'm headed out on an overseas shoot the day after tomorrow and would love to get this figured out before I go. I am a cinematographer before I'm a pilot, so I've been having a crash course this past month and love Tripod Mode for the smooth response and result in my video. But it's just far too slow in that mode for some of the shots we want to accomplish on this assignment.

To do a screengrab on the iPad: press Home button and the Off Button (on the side of the iPad) at the same time.

As for the slider for speed adjustment: you need to be airborne and engage the Tripod mode first, to see the option.

Hi, Kyle
Yeah, I figured out the screen grab, but after my flight. Those images are while my I2 is in flight, in Tripod Mode. I just didn't have the camera hooked up. (look at the telemetry) So where should this slider be?

What's really frustrating is I have done extensive searches both in the manual and online, and all I can ever find is 'the flight speed can be amended in the DJI GO app. I've found blogs and posts all which just repeat that, but never explain how to do it?

Hi, Kyle
Yeah, I figured out the screen grab, but after my flight. Those images are while my I2 is in flight, in Tripod Mode. I just didn't have the camera hooked up. (look at the telemetry) So where should this slider be?
Just start normal, take off and then engage the tripod mode, after you do the slider will appear on the main screen, make sure you have the camera on.

Edit: FYI, the photo you posted has nothing to do with the speed setting in "Tripod Mode", they are for EXP settings of your sticks.

Last edited:
Hi, Kyle
That's the problem, even when the camera is mounted (I didn't think it made a dif for my photo), no slider appears when in Tripod Mode. I tried multiple times. I I am leaving tomorrow for my shoot, and have my batteries depleted for the flight, but maybe I'll put a bit of charge on them to get up one more time and do a screen grab for you. That other photo is the only thing which pops up, and that's when I tap 'Tripod Mode' at the top. I didn't think the EXP was what I wanted either, but included it just to show my only option in the app. Does something else have to be enabled before this happens?

Hi, Kyle
That's the problem, even when the camera is mounted (I didn't think it made a dif for my photo), no slider appears when in Tripod Mode. I tried multiple times. I I am leaving tomorrow for my shoot, and have my batteries depleted for the flight, but maybe I'll put a bit of charge on them to get up one more time and do a screen grab for you. That other photo is the only thing which pops up, and that's when I tap 'Tripod Mode' at the top. I didn't think the EXP was what I wanted either, but included it just to show my only option in the app. Does something else have to be enabled before this happens?

First off I am not "Kyle", anyway if you can't get the slider to appear even though you have successfully started "Tripod Mode" when flying I suggest you delete the app and reinstall it.

Sorry... don't know where I got Kyle, maybe from an earlier post? I suppose I could do that, but with everything else working perfectly, it makes me a little nervous a day before a very lengthy overseas shoot. But I tried to get it flying this morning long enough to get a screen grab, but there just wasn't enough juice. I'm charging now and will try one last time to get a screen grab before trying to reinstall the app. Thanks

Please go to the menu and click on the 3 little dots. Scroll down to the bottom and click on about. Take a screen shot of the versions and share with us.

Now I'm really getting confused! I definitely chose 'Tripod Mode' just after take off. It is listed in the top bar as well. I know the spotlight icons on the left are there, but they are always there? I just assumed it only went into Spotlight Mode when you choose one of the options in the 'settings' menu?
I packed everything back up, but in the interest of getting this figured out I'll set it up again and take some more screenshots. I checked my version, and did confirm it was the latest (I thought) so stand by.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk