Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Change speed in Tripod Mode?

Now I'm really getting confused! I definitely chose 'Tripod Mode' just after take off. It is listed in the top bar as well. I know the spotlight icons on the left are there, but they are always there? I just assumed it only went into Spotlight Mode when you choose one of the options in the 'settings' menu?
I packed everything back up, but in the interest of getting this figured out I'll set it up again and take some more screenshots. I checked my version, and did confirm it was the latest (I thought) so stand by.....
In your screenshot it clearly states "Tripod Mode" on the top bar so agree with SanCap either you don't have the latest app/fw or you need to delete the app and reload, the slider for speed settings should be there.

okay.... so here are the latest screen grabs. I am definitely in Tripod Mode, and it doesn't matter whether I activate the Spotlight Mode or not, it stays in Tripod Mode unless I cancel it. I did get a grab of the firmware, and it says an update is available however I went through this one before (where you connect the iPad directly to the Inspire) and went through the whole thing and it said it was successful? Also, when I powered up just now, I got a message from DJI stating another update is coming next week. I sort of cringe at updating firmware immediately before a big shoot, much as I cringe reloading an app.... but maybe I don't have a choice?

Attachments

• DJI3.png
    DJI3.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 34
  • DJI4.png
    DJI4.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 34
Looked up the DJI Go App, and 4.0.8 is the latest version. At least until next week apparently..... can someone maybe show me a screen grab of what this slider is supposed to look like?

Looked up the DJI Go App, and 4.0.8 is the latest version. At least until next week apparently..... can someone maybe show me a screen grab of what this slider is supposed to look like?
You need to update Firmware, on your screen shot you have 0135, current Firmware is 0330. If you want to control the speed in Tripod Mode you need to update. You are at least 2 firmwares behind current.

If you update I recommend using Assitant2 via your computer, more reliable, eliminates any issues with iPad update.

Last edited:
I have never seen that slider.... and I just bought this I2, I'm surprised it's so far behind! Much as I hate to, I'll try to update tonight. I need to charge up my batteries first. I have not used assistant2, but will do that this time since it clearly didn't take last time w/ my iPad. Thanks

I have never seen that slider.... and I just bought this I2, I'm surprised it's so far behind! Much as I hate to, I'll try to update tonight. I need to charge up my batteries first. I have not used assistant2, but will do that this time since it clearly didn't take last time w/ my iPad. Thanks
No problem at all, glad we could help. Yes it is better to use Assistant 2, there you can refresh, upgrade as well as downgrade as needed/allowed. The reason it would be behind is probably that it has been in inventory for a while at the dealer.
Good luck.

Success! Thanks so much for your help. The update did the trick, I finally now have the slider which is going to be so incredibly helpful. One last question... I watched DJI's tutorial on updating using the Assistant, and at the end of it, there was a mention of having to repeat the update for every set of batteries that will be used? Does that make sense to you? It did say that the computer would not need to be connected to the Inspire for additional battery sets... but still, it seems weird.

A funny side note... as frustrating as this was to figure out, it did save my butt in another way. I had been out of town last week with my Inspire, and had not needed to recharge anything since I've been back. In fact, I spent all my flying time just taking the batteries down to safe travel levels. If I had not needed to recharge them to get the screen grabs today, I would not have noticed that I must have left my power cord for the charger on my last shoot! Thankfully, discovering this gave me enough time to get another spare (I have two chargers) picked up in NY by our director who I'll be joining on location in Spain. Silver lining!

Reactions: DaveDotNet
Success! Thanks so much for your help. The update did the trick, I finally now have the slider which is going to be so incredibly helpful. One last question... I watched DJI's tutorial on updating using the Assistant, and at the end of it, there was a mention of having to repeat the update for every set of batteries that will be used? Does that make sense to you? It did say that the computer would not need to be connected to the Inspire for additional battery sets... but still, it seems weird.

A funny side note... as frustrating as this was to figure out, it did save my butt in another way. I had been out of town last week with my Inspire, and had not needed to recharge anything since I've been back. In fact, I spent all my flying time just taking the batteries down to safe travel levels. If I had not needed to recharge them to get the screen grabs today, I would not have noticed that I must have left my power cord for the charger on my last shoot! Thankfully, discovering this gave me enough time to get another spare (I have two chargers) picked up in NY by our director who I'll be joining on location in Spain. Silver lining!

Great that you had success, regarding the batteries: the firmware for them is now stored in the Inspire so no need to connect to Assistant2 to update them. You do need to charge them and when you start the Inspire with a set of batteries that has not been updated it will tell you to, just click accept on the home screen and let them update, only takes a few minutes, after this is done reboot the Inspire and all should be ok. This needs to be done for all sets of batteries.

Reactions: deltalimatango
You need to update Firmware, on your screen shot you have 0135, current Firmware is 0330. If you want to control the speed in Tripod Mode you need to update. You are at least 2 firmwares behind current.

If you update I recommend using Assitant2 via your computer, more reliable, eliminates any issues with iPad update.
Nice catch @cougar!

Great that you had success, regarding the batteries: the firmware for them is now stored in the Inspire so no need to connect to Assistant2 to update them. You do need to charge them and when you start the Inspire with a set of batteries that has not been updated it will tell you to, just click accept on the home screen and let them update, only takes a few minutes, after this is done reboot the Inspire and all should be ok. This needs to be done for all sets of batteries.

I just finished upgrading the inspire 2 firmware and everything went ok. Then I shut down and went through my three sets of batteries. I was assuming that there would be a notice on GO4 to upgrade each set but there was none. What am I missing? Thanks.

Also as s side note, during my upgrade the progress meter stuck on 20% for the longest time going no higher. After about 20 minutes I was about to shut down and hoped I could start over - when the system automatically shut down and and rebooted saying upgrade complete! Whew! I felt I dodged a bullet that time.

I just finished upgrading the inspire 2 firmware and everything went ok. Then I shut down and went through my three sets of batteries. I was assuming that there would be a notice on GO4 to upgrade each set but there was none. What am I missing? Thanks.

Also as s side note, during my upgrade the progress meter stuck on 20% for the longest time going no higher. After about 20 minutes I was about to shut down and hoped I could start over - when the system automatically shut down and and rebooted saying upgrade complete! Whew! I felt I dodged a bullet that time.

Not all firmwares has batterie firmware upgrades, when you start up your I2 it will check firmware versions automatically. (start RC and the Inspire) then open the app to the splash screen (where it shows the I2) and wait a minute it will say something like mismatched firmware and a slider-switch will be present where you can update if needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah