Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Charge Inspire Batteries with RC Charger

Then, if it is like you say, risky to use power supply or pb option with standard rc charger, we can switch on battery and use lipo option which can do the job of reducing voltage at the end

NO! It is not just any power source! It is a CC-CV power source, google it. Anyways you need to have some background in electronics to get it. If you dont, don't go that route, just use the original charger.
For example, if you get a normal 26volt 3.8Amp power supply and the battery is empty lets say at 19.8 volts, connecting the power supply to it will cause the power supply to burn out or shutdown.

yes exactly, you can safely charge using the lipo program. the only inconvenience is that an RC charger charges up to 4.2 volts/cell while DJI's charger charges up to 4.35 volts/cell so when charge terminates on an RC charger, the battery will read 92-93% full on the DJI GO app.
When I am in a hurry to charge 2 batteries, I charge one using DJI charger and the other on the RC charger then top it off on the DJI charger (takes 5 minutes)

Ok, even that is good as I will just use it when I do not have the access to ac plug when I film in the open area.
Thanks, you have just confirmed my thoughts.

Well, or you can just get a 200 - 300 Watt 12V DC --> 230V AC inverter and use it in your car with the standard DJI AC charger, I charge the I1 and P3 batteries this way without issues whatsoever. The only drawback to this is efficiency, i.e. with an inverter you drain a slight bit more your car battery as opposed to an RC charger which is more efficient.

Ok, my charger wont discharge without a balance cable, can i use the PB program to discharge?

Ok, my charger wont discharge without a balance cable, can i use the PB program to discharge?
Normally you would want to discharge down to storage level which is 3.85v x 6 for the I1 which is 23.1 volts, can you force the charger on the PB program to go down to 23.1 volts and stop? If yes, then you can, if not then don't.

It's not about storage, this is about draining the battery to recalibrate it :) i have my discharge time set to two days so that's no problem :)

Alexei, for maintaining the I1 batteries, is there a cost effective gadget to discharge the batteries to 5% as recommended by DJI? I've used the Inspire but it's painful task & doesn't seem like a very smart use of a $5000 piece of electronics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah