Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

charging hub with mac

If you have a Mac, you never have to update the hub. Its great. There is nothing you have to do.
As far as I understand the Charging HUB has been updated to prevent bricking batteries left connected for an extended period. Review this forum link. I don't understand how Mac OS can magically correct any firmware issues, because an OS is not required to operate the HUB.
Currently there is only a Windows EXE and as a Mac user I believe I must find a PC and update the HUB firmware or risk damaging my DJI Intelligent Batteries. It seems a gross over-site that there is not a suitable fix for Mac OS to update a Charging HUB?

As far as I understand the Charging HUB has been updated to prevent

I was being a little sarcastic because of the lack of communication regarding firmware update for the hub device. I do firmware updates for everything that I can but when I look at the firmware update outlet on the hub device – I Assume that so long as everything I have is updated then whatever Updates are in all the batteries will simply transfer over to the Hub Device and be updated. If the hub is meant to be updated then DJI should be very clear about this. It would be useful if they could read and write English.

I was being a little sarcastic because of the lack of communication regarding firmware update for the hub device. I do firmware updates for everything that I can but when I look at the firmware update outlet on the hub device – I Assume that so long as everything I have is updated then whatever Updates are in all the batteries will simply transfer over to the Hub Device and be updated. If the hub is meant to be updated then DJI should be very clear about this. It would be useful if they could read and write English.
The Intelligent Battery firmware is separate from the Charging HUB firmware and I doubt that an up-to-date Battery will update the HUB firmware. It would be interesting if that did work. If it did then all the customers who don't have a HUB have unnecessary code in their battery firmware.
At the moment I think I will have to get a PC to update my DJI Charging HUB before risking my batteries :-(

In installed VirtualBox and a copy of XP on my MacBook Pro and updated the firmware that way.

VirtualBox is free and money can be saved by buying an OEM (rather than boxed) copy of which ever version of Windows you want to run. I got one from a local independent computer shop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan