Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Charging with Power Inverter - does it cause damage?

Reaction score
Website
www.loftyvisions.com.au
Hi folks,

I did a search for this but still not too sure on the answer as people in the other, ancient threads were using larger inverters in terms of wattage.

I bought one of these a while back for use on my motorbike while touring:
Powertech 12v DC to 240c AV Output Inverter 150W Can Size w/ 2.1A USB out

Specifications:
Output Power (continuous) 150W
Output Power (surge) 450W
Input Voltage 10 - 15 VDC
Output Voltage 230VAC +/- 10%
Output Frequency 50Hz
USB Output 5VDC, 2.1A
Efficiency 90% Typical
Standby Current <500mA
Dimensions 165L x 60D mm
Lead length 600mm

Can anyone please tell me if this will be suitable for running a standard 100W Inspire charger? I have given it a quick go in the car whilst the engine was running and it was certainly charging, but I'm not sure if charging in this way will stuff the batteries and/or the car's electrics. I'm no electrician so I thought i'd ask the experts :)

Many thanks

300w Modified sine wave been working fine for me with a Phantom for nearly 2 years and a 1500w one since May for the I1. I use it also to run larger screen monitors in the field running off leisure batteries. My experiences is there is no problem. All my batteries are fine.

Ah....there you go. It was a 50/50 chance and it seems I got it wrong.
Won't be buying a lottery ticket.

I did Google the difference and the pure was most like household current. Go figure

Pure sign wave is preferred, but a decent modified sign wave should also work just fine. Assuming you want to use it to charge a flight battery or remote with the 100W charger I'd go with an inverter of 125W+.

Brian

Reactions: Lofty Visions

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop