Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Checking in I2 stock case

Reaction score
It looks like I might have to check in my i2 for a short 45 minute flight due to my case not coming in before my trip. Did you anyone have any experience with checkin in the stock case so far?

Thanks!

It looks like I might have to check in my i2 for a short 45 minute flight due to my case not coming in before my trip. Did you anyone have any experience with checkin in the stock case so far?

Thanks!

I haven't tried it, but I've seen suggestions that people put it in the cardboard box it came in or buy a box that's the same size. If you're worried about your case getting banged up, that may be a good idea.

Reactions: videosophy
Using the cardboard box would be a good idea...not just for protecting the case, but for making sure it wasn't opened (accidentally or intentionally). As for the case you are waiting on, where are you located? We have the cases in stock and could ship one to you right away if you still have enough time before your trip. I know they are back ordered many places...same with any other accessories you might need. If you are looking to get a cardboard box locally the dimensions are roughly 26x26x12. If you need any help just let us know.

Inspire 2 Accessories
(everything is in stock)

Michael

Using the cardboard box would be a good idea...not just for protecting the case, but for making sure it wasn't opened (accidentally or intentionally). As for the case you are waiting on, where are you located? We have the cases in stock and could ship one to you right away if you still have enough time before your trip. I know they are back ordered many places...same with any other accessories you might need. If you are looking to get a cardboard box locally the dimensions are roughly 26x26x12. If you need any help just let us know.

Inspire 2 Accessories
(everything is in stock)

Michael
Hey!
I sadly don´t have that cardboard box anymore. I would put on TSA luggage straps to make sure it is not opened during transit.
I am looking to get the GPC Backpack (already ordered) and the GPC Travel case which protects the backpack when checking it in. The travel case seems to be out of stock everywhere sadly.
Thanks for the help!
I´m mainly concerned with the safety of the i2 inside the case, don´t mind if the case gets a bump or so.

I haven't tried it, but I've seen suggestions that people put it in the cardboard box it came in or buy a box that's the same size. If you're worried about your case getting banged up, that may be a good idea.
good idea but sadly don´t have one. Might try to find a card board box somewhere just in case.

Well those Inspire cases are what protect it as it moves from China to the US and then from your dealer to your location - but in all fairness they are not handled by airline baggage handlers. Chances are good you will be just fine. This cases are a good fit for everything and hopefully the baggage guys go easy on it.

Good luck!

Michael

I have checked mine 3 times with just the included DJI case and a few "fragile" decals applied to the outside. No issues thus far. In fact, when I landed in Atlanta on my last trip, I look out the window and saw the bagging handler carefully taking my Inpsire 2 case and gently placing it on an upper rack in their luggage trailer thingy. I only fly Delta...careful with United airlines as I've heard reports of them roughing up the baggage, and dragging bags right off the airplane! ;) just kidding...had to throw that in there. ;)

I was supposed to fly next week to film in Asia but just heard torso I have to fly tomorrow. I have 2 pelican 1630's but it won't fit since the peli is missing an inch.

Now trying to see if i should wing it on the case and fragile stickers and TSA wraps with locks

I have the transport backpack but I only use it from base station to the take off position

Anyone here traveled a 15 hour international flight with just their DJI case?

I'd be a lot more concerned with the minutes in the hands of baggage handlers on the ground than the hours in the air. For international travel though, there's a lot more to consider than just getting it on and off the plane in one piece.

I'd take a good look at experiences of people taking expensive equipment into (and back out of) the country you're going to and take any necessary precautions to make sure you get it back home with you with the least amount of trouble possible.

I was supposed to fly next week to film in Asia but just heard torso I have to fly tomorrow. I have 2 pelican 1630's but it won't fit since the peli is missing an inch.

Now trying to see if i should wing it on the case and fragile stickers and TSA wraps with locks

I have the transport backpack but I only use it from base station to the take off position

I did with my Inspire 1 case. I thew it back in its original shipping cardboard box with some foam and extra bubble wrap. It arrived fine. Message me if you need any more help, I am based in Asia.

I have to throw mine in a bus tomorrow and am a bit worried. I ordered a hard Peli case but it will arrive after my trip. I bought one of these: Amazon.com : Backpack Adapter for DJI Inspire 1 one and PRO Quadcopter Case With Additional Pockets, Convert the case that comes with the Inspire one to a fully functioning backpack for easy travel Koozam Products : Camera & Photo for the times when I need to go a bit further than from my car. I also am waiting for the Lowepro Drone Guard Inspire to hit the stores.

It goes without saying, that you should make sure to have adequate insurance on your gear in the event that a mishap happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry