Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CineSSD and Card reader purchase

Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
After spending 35 minutes and not clearly getting an answer from DJI, I figured I would ask here. I am inteersted in purchasing the CineSSD and accompanying reader. I have no need or desire to purchase the CinemaDNG or Apple ProRes Activation keys. So in effect, I would use the SSD to record to rather than SD card. My question is, can I purchase the CineSSD as a standalone or do I need to purchase the insanely expensive licenses to use the SSD? Thanks in advance.

Save your money, unless you want to record ProRes or CindemaDNG video, then there's not really any point in buying either SSD or reader.

The only time photos are saved to the SSD is when the photo mode is set to burst-14 or burst-infinite.

I'd hoped that DNG RAW photos would have been stored on the SSD when taking a still when capturing video when the SSD was present, but sadly it doesn't, it just dumps a jpeg frame grab to the microSD card :( .

Last edited:
Save your money, unless you want to record ProRes or CindemaDNG video, then there's not really any point in buying either SSD or reader.

The only time photos are saved to the SSD is when the photo mode is set to burst-14 or burst-infinite.

I'd hoped that DNG RAW photos would have been stored on the SSD when taking a still when capturing video when the SSD was present, but sadly it doesn't, it just dumps a jpeg frame grab :( .

+1

Well said...getting more batteries would probably be more useful for you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalyst