Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Circumventing no takeoff/landing zones

Municipal parking adjacent to the park isn't private property, as long as the meter is fed, takeoff/landing and operating from a vehicle like an open truck bed may work while obviously those same events would garner a violation if carried out on a sidewalk. A shopping mall would be private property and very likely you would be asked to leave if you're not actively patronizing the businesses.

Municipal parking isn't private property as long as you feed the meter? : )

This post: "will take off from or land in or on any park land or waterway," implies that it prohibits taking off or landing from the actual ground owned by the park. If I hand launch it it's not doing that.

The fact is that we now live in a country where a lack of personal responsibility and common sense courtesy and interest in the safety of others, has lead to a literal "police state." Sadly, it takes only one idiot to ruin things for hundreds, thousands of others, especially since someone/some group will inevitably try to benefit from any news by sensationalizing it and putting it out over some form of media...for money!

The entire planet needs to re-think the hype and fear and violence and ask itself where this inevitably leads? It leads to every form of tyranny, as someone is always willing to run the show and insures the rest that by relinquishing their "freedom" they can have "security?" This has been HISTORY for millennia. So, why do people think this will somehow change (Those who fail to learn from history...)? Well, most people are simply "stupid," and today there seem to be more irresponsible and selfish individuals than ever...and they all seem narcissistic enough to shoot selfies documenting their own irresponsibility.

So, Dave is perfectly within his rights to try to regain some rights, but as soon as someone begins doing this => more laws. It's like a Chinese Thumbtrap!

If people were simply RESPONSIBLE, then freedom could reign. Look at us now? If people were PERSONALLY held financially accountable for injuries and property damage caused by their negligence, and courts were fair, and actual dangerous people could be incarcerated (our court system is totally bogged down with this sort of nonsense) freeing up courts for such matters, we might try the "freedom" experiment again.

In the mean time there's solutions like Dave's ... and I am right there with him when necessary! The sad thing is that law abiding, responsible people are left little recourse than finding ways to skirt ridiculous laws, and circumvent fascism...and become the next "criminal." The current system assumes up front that EVERYONE is a potential criminal, and is set up to fine them for every infraction. People who cannot afford to pay cannot be free.

Flying a prosumer plastic helicopter with a little camera on it is not the same thing as crime. Yet, how do you make people able to tell when their rights end and what should be inalienable freedoms begin? This is the real problem.

No one stops the guy with $8,000 to burn on a high-speed motorized watercraft-boatercycle from zipping around Puget Sound destroying every one else's serenity and nature's balance on a quiet Sunday morning (you can hear their engine noise for 5 miles in any direction when its calm). No one arrests people for ATVing over forest lands, or motorcycling—without proper noise-reducing mufflers—through Sate Forests, or simply waking each other up at 8am with their chainsaws and leaf blowers. There is no easy answer.

The answers neither lie in the making or circumvention of laws, but the eradication of STUPID. Any ideas there?

D

I would think that taking off from your truck would still be against the laws you are not allowed to take off / land where it is parked ( i doubt you park on the sidewalk though). I am not sure of the laws where you are but we in Aus must keep out craft 30m away from people vehicles and buildings so you would need a 30m radius around your truck where nobody else was parked and if you are across the street from the area you want to fly make sure you do not fly over traffic on the way there or back and also don't fly over people while you are there. All in all if you do these few things right then nothing can really come back and bite you. happy flying

We have no rule restricting flying over traffic at least not for hobbyist, and while the idea is probably still technically illegal the point everyone is missing is that if you are on park grounds it would obviously be easier to order you to cease operations and leave the park, however sitting on the back of a truck offsite at least the park officials cannot instruct you to leave and my experience is generally if you're not doing anything stupid local police won't harass you.

Hey guys. I didn't read all the posts on this subject, but from our own personal experience we talk with and get many permissions for flights in or on public property (takeoff). It helps to know and be able to explain what you are doing with local officials especially if you are promoting their area. Just plopping your UAV down and flying around may alarm officials.

Hey guys. I didn't read all the posts on this subject, but from our own personal experience we talk with and get many permissions for flights in or on public property (takeoff). It helps to know and be able to explain what you are doing with local officials especially if you are promoting their area. Just plopping your UAV down and flying around may alarm officials.
True, and frankly I believe the FAA at least is backing down on some restrictions hopefully local municipalities will follow suit if we behave.

Reactions: kcobello

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6