Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Class Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I read of falling Inspire 2 from the sky, updating problems, stuck AC, looong times for fixing, long times for shippping, reduced features, all kinda stories, but, did anybody start a class action against DJI?

Honestly a class action against DJI for the Inspire 2 issues would be thrown out real quick.

I understand it sucks that we are experiencing all these issues, but with any new product comes unforeseen issues. The fact that DJI is trying to correct them as they appear, even if its taking longer then we would like, they are making an effort, and that's what the courts would be looking at.

They didn't "Knowingly put out a dangerous product' or anything along the lines neglect on their part.

Therefore you wold find a tough time finding any court willing to hear a Class Action lawsuit about Issues with the Inspire 2

Honestly a class action against DJI for the Inspire 2 issues would be thrown out real quick.

I understand it sucks that we are experiencing all these issues, but with any new product comes unforeseen issues. The fact that DJI is trying to correct them as they appear, even if its taking longer then we would like, they are making an effort, and that's what the courts would be looking at.

They didn't "Knowingly put out a dangerous product' or anything along the lines neglect on their part.

Therefore you wold find a tough time finding any court willing to hear a Class Action lawsuit about Issues with the Inspire 2

Don't you think it's dangerous enough that four Inspire 2 fell from the sky?

And how many Inspire 1 did the same...

Maybe, if dji products should be for free, everybody should accept to be "beta testers"...but we're paying lotsa money, to buy products that do not always follow the features the manufacturer declared , and to correct some of this, dji, for example, but not limited too, slows the inspire 1 apparently with no reason, but the reason is that the battery they designed cannot handle the power request of the motors...

Here in Europe, you cannot downgrade the features on anything, without giving the chance to go back to the owner, and dji does NOT do this. If a customer wants to keep FW 1.3, testing 1.8, should be able to go back to 1.3 and not being obliged to keep 1.8.

Don't you think it's dangerous enough that four Inspire 2 fell from the sky?

And how many Inspire 1 did the same...

Maybe, if dji products should be for free, everybody should accept to be "beta testers"...but we're paying lotsa money, to buy products that do not always follow the features the manufacturer declared , and to correct some of this, dji, for example, but not limited too, slows the inspire 1 apparently with no reason, but the reason is that the battery they designed cannot handle the power request of the motors...

Here in Europe, you cannot downgrade the features on anything, without giving the chance to go back to the owner, and dji does NOT do this. If a customer wants to keep FW 1.3, testing 1.8, should be able to go back to 1.3 and not being obliged to keep 1.8.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you 100%. The only problem is the court system doesn't feel the same way. According to the courts someone can start a class action if he or she is injured, either financially or physically, because of the wrongful actions of a corporation and believes others were harmed in the same way.

There is quite the criteria needed to be met before the courts will even look at a class action suit. Companies like DJI know this fine line and know how to play this system.

Hi guys,

I read of falling Inspire 2 from the sky, updating problems, stuck AC, looong times for fixing, long times for shippping, reduced features, all kinda stories, but, did anybody start a class action against DJI?
Good luck with that one.
Go waste your money if you want.

Same old story with the Phantom, Same with the I1, Same with the Mavic etc, etc.
(Notice a trend here).
A few people have problems (most of their own doing but not all).
Aircraft drops to Terra Firma - next its "Let's all sue DJI" :rolleyes:

Since you are only just in the process of purchasing a second hand Inspire 1 (via classifieds) I'm not sure what your interest is in launching litigation pertinent to the Inspire 2?

Good luck with that one.
Go waste your money if you want.

Same old story with the Phantom, Same with the I1, Same with the Mavic etc, etc.
(Notice a trend here).
A few people have problems (most of their own doing bit not all).
Aircraft drops to Terra Firma - next its "Let's all sue DJI" :rolleyes:

Since you are only just in the process of purchasing a second hand Inspire (via classifieds) 1 I'm not sure what your interest is in launching litigation pertinent to the Inspire 2?
Think you don't know if and how many drones I own, I'm not launching a litigation. I was just wondering if someone started or maybe would start a class action.
Reading the various forum, lotsa people complaining about dji pre and after sale service, technical service and so on. But, nobody moves a finger for example, starting a class action...
That's it.

Think you don't know if and how many drones I own, I'm not launching a litigation. I was just wondering if someone started or maybe would start a class action.
Reading the various forum, lotsa people complaining about dji pre and after sale service, technical service and so on. But, nobody moves a finger for example, starting a class action...
That's it.

"But, nobody moves a finger for example, starting a class action..."
Then why don't you and have your attorneys contact us to join as damaged parties...

Reactions: ajobmusee
And people wonder why Healthcare is so expensive.

Why did you buy the Inspire 2 then?

If you think a class action will solve everything, you're in for a rude awakening. There are only 3 outcomes to that one...

1. DJI loses, they fix all issues, but it's 3 years between update and new products AND the price triples

2. DJI loses, but decide the liability isn't worth it (just like what Cessna did in the 70s or 80s) and closes their doors.

3. DJI wins and you're out a bunch of legal fees (unless you got a lawyer to do a 'no cost to you', but they would only take a case that they would have a good chance of winning).

Reactions: ExpressAerial
As much as it is a terrible shame that some people suffer losses, this is the case in all businesses. As mentioned, if there is no bodily harm done, then you really need to show negligence, conspiracy, or some form of deliberate irresponsibility on the part of the company to have a chance at winning such a suit. But more importantly, it is the all-too-Euroepan/American 'class action' litigation mentality that destroys so many good companies. DJI is simply a BIG Chinese company (substitute will do nothing unless it has to) with a hit and fast-selling product that — let's face — is pretty **** smart, and in a sense, no matter what we're spending (and I have spent a small fortune already), is making one fine suite of products; speaking generally, not specifically to any one case.

The mentality of attacking a company out of selfish spite (and a desire for a quick buck) it the opposite of the intelligence and integrity that it takes to work a company like DJI into the #1 position in its field. Yes, they're only about money, but they are doing things the honest-hard-work way. For this we should encourage them, not threaten them.

In a lot of cases, lawsuits are little more than an example of parasitism.

Not defending any selfish or money-grubbing tactics from DJI (like over-charging for ProRes or DNG licenses for the I2, for example). Not happy about their building the transcoder into the bird, so their new stabilizers will require yet another license to run them. No, DJI is rapidly becoming a huge monopolistic guerrilla-on-your-back corp. However, they're still making a living the old fashioned way: invention and hard work. They do generate a hell of a lot of software, most of it highly useful, and regular updates are a far better hassle then bad firmware where I come from!

Lawsuits? Mostly just greed and loathing. I'll try appealing to DJI's sense of greed. DJI ... YOU'LL MAKE MORE MONEY IF GIVE US LOYAL CUSTOMERS A WARNING before making our last purchases obsolete! SLOW DOWN!

Now, I think we were talking about Firmware Updates???

Last edited:
Read the disclaimer that all their products ship with. They clearly state they are not responsible for any harm resulting from malfunction of the craft.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Not responsible and not liable are two different things, if their product malfunctions and injures somebody I would imagine that they are liable, I'm pretty certain that the insurance company that covered the flight would seek to retrieve any losses that they have to pay out as a result. If my I2 or any of my drones just fell out the sky due to a malfunction I would be responsible but they would be liable. Maybe someone with a legal background can confirm...

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz