Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cloud chaser

Reaction score
77012764143b206e892403fd18d886bc.jpg
3f0fc0016ce586ed7ec927a081ff2d1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Don't know who or how this pictures are made,but please take them away,this is food for more regulations.
Also totally not any interesting these "photo's".
If you have made them you should know better.
Or did you make them on top of a mountain?

Don't know who or how this pictures are made,but please take them away,this is food for more regulations.
Also totally not any interesting these "photo's".
If you have made them you should know better.
Or did you make them on top of a mountain?

Low cloud cover called FOG so well under the limited regulations. Grow a pair
THANK YOU

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Lol... no.

This is why everyone should have to take the 107, "hobby" pilots are mostly stupid and unaware of the rules.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

Chill out everyone. If he was under 400 AGL let's not crucify him. Where I am all for safety, many here just wait to pounce on a post they feel doesn't comply with regs.

Chill out everyone. If he was under 400 AGL let's not crucify him. Where I am all for safety, many here just wait to pounce on a post they feel doesn't comply with regs.
No... the cloud cover IS the problem, we HAVE to stay below the clouds, based on weather reports. I have seen no provision for taking off above the clouds already.

Hopefully in the future this will be more clear, but until it is we all need to be more careful so we don't loose rights because of irresponsible actions.

No... the cloud cover IS the problem, we HAVE to stay below the clouds, based on weather reports. I have seen no provision for taking off above the clouds already.

Hopefully in the future this will be more clear, but until it is we all need to be more careful so we don't loose rights because of irresponsible actions.

My point exactly. This forum would be much better if we all were less like a lynch mob.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

My point exactly. This forum would be much better if we all were less like a lynch mob.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots
It is not what he(or anyone )is doing.But posting these kind of photo's gives reaction.And as I mentioned what is there to see?

Here in Colorado, you can drive up to approx. 10,000 above msl, and hike to over 14,000 ft....all well abover cloud level, and even at 7,000 amsl, you're often above cloud level. Think about what you are saying before you get the facts. You're making it worse by assuming.

Here in Colorado, you can drive up to approx. 10,000 above msl, and hike to over 14,000 ft....all well abover cloud level, and even at 7,000 amsl, you're often above cloud level. Think about what you are saying before you get the facts. You're making it worse by assuming.
No... the FAA will put out weather reports, those reports have the cloud cover ceiling.
That ceiling is where they base your max height BELOW cloud cover.

If you had your 107 you'd know that.

No... the FAA will put out weather reports, those reports have the cloud cover ceiling.
That ceiling is where they base your max height BELOW cloud cover.

If you had your 107 you'd know that.

Yes I do. and yes, 2000 horizontal, 500 vertical 3 miles visibility. However, like I said....here in Colorado, I live at approx 5,000 ft amsl, and have lived at 8700 amsl.

Yes I do. and yes, 2000 horizontal, 500 vertical 3 miles visibility. However, like I said....here in Colorado, I live at approx 5,000 ft amsl, and have lived at 8700 amsl.
I understand the logistical issues of the current laws and high altitude locations, I'm probably working pikes peak 2018...

However I'd like to see the section of the law where you interpret those distances as being applied above because of your takeoff location.

Not trying to argue, just want to discuss it, as if it is like I say, it should be better in YOUR favor, but right now we need to tread lightly so we don't end up worse off.

Lets just say...cloud cover. What is teh definition of "cloud cover"? If it's clear on top Pikes Peak, yet there is cloud cover in Colorado Springs. With that said, what is the purspose of teh rule on cloud cover? It's a good question your asking, but I think it's all relative to where you are at. Also, Pikes Peak...keep in mind where you can fly. I believe there are restrictions flying along the Pikes Peak Highway, but not from teh National Forests.

Lets just say...cloud cover. What is teh definition of "cloud cover"? If it's clear on top Pikes Peak, yet there is cloud cover in Colorado Springs. With that said, what is the purspose of teh rule on cloud cover? It's a good question your asking, but I think it's all relative to where you are at. Also, Pikes Peak...keep in mind where you can fly. I believe there are restrictions flying along the Pikes Peak Highway, but not from teh National Forests.
I will be working with a company covering the hill climb.

Interesting scenario. Perhaps this is where general aviation VFR (visual flight rules) pilots and drones should be treated differently.

For VFR, the below cloud issue is because you don't want to be in cloud and bump into an IFR guy or mountain at the same level, or, not get trapped above it and have no idea what is below you if you need to descend or land.

In the case of these cloud shots, the drone is 'trapped' above clouds, but that is where ot took off from, and will land, without endangering anyone.

Reactions: Dejan Smaic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalyst