Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CloudlightFPV

Reaction score
Anybody else try this? CloudlightFPV

My experience with iPhone 6 on the slave controller:

1. It was supposed to come with head-tracking for the gimbal. Website now says "Head-tracking will be available later this year" (notice the positive spin).

2. The app froze several times and I had to restart DJI Go and the App (glad I wasn't using it on the master controller)

3. It eventually crashed the phone and caused it reboot (that's a first).

Well, it was only $129. I've spent more for worse.

Cheers - Colin

CloudligthFPV_01.jpg CloudligthFPV_02.jpg

Reactions: Mark V
They need to release an Android version.

I tried it and I'm returning the Zeiss VR headset tomorrow. The iPhone 6 screen is just not ideal for viewing VR. It's not sharp enough. You can clearly see individual pixels. The CloudLightFPV screen is also very intrusive when viewing in VR mode. I have the Samsung Gear VR headset for my Galaxy S6 and it is infinitely sharper (and it's still not perfect either). The Galaxy S6 also has a much better accelerometer and moves accurately with my head motions. The iPhone 6 wasn't accurate with my motions and drifted around when I wasn't even moving. The head tracking also lagged too much for any real world use although it is a cool feature. Lastly, the Samsung Gear VR headset has a touch pad and back button on the side so you don't have to remove the headset when making selections on the screen. With the Zeiss, you get to remove it every single time you have to navigate menus and make selections. Luckily, the phone is easy to slide out.

If an Android app was made and was compatible with Samsung Gear VR, I'd definitely give it a second try.

Reactions: Koptervision
So hoping for an update to this thread. Looks like cloud light app for iPhone is about $15. Bad reviews though. Mostly reporting crashing or not having features desired.

They need to release an Android version.

I tried it and I'm returning the Zeiss VR headset tomorrow. The iPhone 6 screen is just not ideal for viewing VR. It's not sharp enough. You can clearly see individual pixels. The CloudLightFPV screen is also very intrusive when viewing in VR mode. I have the Samsung Gear VR headset for my Galaxy S6 and it is infinitely sharper (and it's still not perfect either). The Galaxy S6 also has a much better accelerometer and moves accurately with my head motions. The iPhone 6 wasn't accurate with my motions and drifted around when I wasn't even moving. The head tracking also lagged too much for any real world use although it is a cool feature. Lastly, the Samsung Gear VR headset has a touch pad and back button on the side so you don't have to remove the headset when making selections on the screen. With the Zeiss, you get to remove it every single time you have to navigate menus and make selections. Luckily, the phone is easy to slide out.

If an Android app was made and was compatible with Samsung Gear VR, I'd definitely give it a second try.

I'd like to see that as well. I just got a gear VR and they are something else

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan