Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cold Weather Inspire Deaths

Thanks Mad. I was wondering if it was a Healthy Drones anomaly, but I gotta ask myself is it worth the risk? Kinda freaks me out especially with the recent 'falling from the sky' episode that gave him the same deviation. I'm considering going back to 1.5 if it is indeed the new cold weather upgrades in the new fw.

Unless something happens with FW soon I am rolling back to 1.5. I did do a lot of testing on 1.5 but not the cold weather tests I have done to try and understand just what 1.6 is doing. I have the tests so it will be quite easy to replicate them on 1.5. I want to take the inspire in march north are I know it will be -25/35ºc but I don't want it shutting down mid flight!

Reactions: damoncooper
Unless something happens with FW soon I am rolling back to 1.5. I did do a lot of testing on 1.5 but not the cold weather tests I have done to try and understand just what 1.6 is doing. I have the tests so it will be quite easy to replicate them on 1.5. I want to take the inspire in march north are I know it will be -25/35ºc but I don't want it shutting down mid flight!
V1.7 is in beta currently and release is imminent(ish) but there is no battery management changes in there. It is primarily GeoFence functionality.

what is going on with 1.7??? some info could be said. it is an update not a new unit. come on DJI stop secreting around and grant us "the ones we made you who you are" the information we deserve. more detailed info please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V1.7 is in beta currently and release is imminent(ish) but there is no battery management changes in there. It is primarily GeoFence functionality.
Problem is I don't trust what they say they do anymore. It seems like everything is rushed and as as soon as one FW is released they realise mistakes have been made and start on another patch they call a FW update. As a commercial operator I have more flights signing off FW updates than flying it for profit! With Geofencing the hot topic I can just see more and more restrictions that will make it impossible to operate an Inspire commercially. I thought my WKM machines where coming to the end of the road but now it seems they are looking more and more attractive for no nonsense flying. Now where did I see those WKMs at a bargain price?

Problem is I don't trust what they say they do anymore. It seems like everything is rushed and as as soon as one FW is released they realise mistakes have been made and start on another patch they call a FW update. As a commercial operator I have more flights signing off FW updates than flying it for profit! With Geofencing the hot topic I can just see more and more restrictions that will make it impossible to operate an Inspire commercially. I thought my WKM machines where coming to the end of the road but now it seems they are looking more and more attractive for no nonsense flying. Now where did I see those WKMs at a bargain price?
what is a WKM? -sorry for my ignorance and while i am asking so dumb, what is FYI mean?
they should start treating us line costumers and not kids. i know there are more than us in this forum with less or more brains and common sense but spending so much on the units we have and some of us even two or more for the reason of commercial use i feel we deserve a little bit different and better treatment. ok restrictions let it be to filter out idiots but that could start at the counter by having to partisipate in a course - min a day- where one gets brainwashed by the basics and will know not to fly over things that are not permitted or don't drink and fly... regulation: fine, let them be but give us the chance to make money and not only stuff dji pockets with ours. it is a working machine and i do use it as such. i read a few posts that one member can not use the i1 due to the great NFZ on a military base although he has ALL that is needed. can't there be a dedicated NFZ hotline or a de-NFZing service other than what we have now? in order to be able to work properly we need "free" hands and movement to be able to achieve ROI in olanned time.
sorry got carried away a bit. but it is a bit frustrating.

what is a WKM? -sorry for my ignorance and while i am asking so dumb, what is FYI mean?
they should start treating us line costumers and not kids. i know there are more than us in this forum with less or more brains and common sense but spending so much on the units we have and some of us even two or more for the reason of commercial use i feel we deserve a little bit different and better treatment. ok restrictions let it be to filter out idiots but that could start at the counter by having to partisipate in a course - min a day- where one gets brainwashed by the basics and will know not to fly over things that are not permitted or don't drink and fly... regulation: fine, let them be but give us the chance to make money and not only stuff dji pockets with ours. it is a working machine and i do use it as such. i read a few posts that one member can not use the i1 due to the great NFZ on a military base although he has ALL that is needed. can't there be a dedicated NFZ hotline or a de-NFZing service other than what we have now? in order to be able to work properly we need "free" hands and movement to be able to achieve ROI in olanned time.
sorry got carried away a bit. but it is a bit frustrating.

WooKong-M - The Professional Multirotor Autopilot System | DJI :)

i lost power and bird slowly lowered... it was about half mile out and 300 ft high, as tried to fly higher it would just start sinking... i barely made it back to me.... i swapped the battery and all the others worked fine. I didn't warm them by the way.
What was you battery level at the time this happened?
This just sounds like it did what's its supposed to do when initiating a forced landing at critical level.
The fact you were able to control the aircraft and it was making a slow decent backs this up.

upload_2016-1-27_14-22-4.png ]
I don't understand what happing, I1 fly with the TB48 I realized that when moved could not keep low speeds, and 9-10 min starts appear to battery voltage in yellow and with 45% load, but the return of security bar and safefly say I'm with 3min operations, I was afraid of a power failure and some sensors turn off and happen one flyaway as already reported by other users of Phatons however. the message that appears is the one below every time prompts shift in joystick.

upload_2016-1-27_14-25-45.png

And "propulsion output is limited to ensure the safety of the battery"

Someone has seen something?

View attachment 5994 ]
I don't understand what happing, I1 fly with the TB48 I realized that when moved could not keep low speeds, and 9-10 min starts appear to battery voltage in yellow and with 45% load, but the return of security bar and safefly say I'm with 3min operations, I was afraid of a power failure and some sensors turn off and happen one flyaway as already reported by other users of Phatons however. the message that appears is the one below every time prompts shift in joystick.

View attachment 5998

And "propulsion output is limited to ensure the safety of the battery"

Someone has seen something?
U are WAY over safe operating temp for some reason. What you got on the aircraft?

Reactions: damoncooper
I always since buy Inspire 1 placed the camera on board like Canon S100 and GoPro together, and the time of operation flight stay flying 14-15 min, and the safety flight time of DJIGO with bar of time return home never fail, always came with temperature with 86F. But I don't understand what happening.

I installed Sony A6000 with 545g, but I always use with other camera with 500g like Canon, and before the Firmware 1.60 never this showed on operation one fail safety.
Whats the air temperature there at the moment? I cant fins a max operating temp for packs but max recommended air temp 40ºc, your where up at 70ºc which is HOT! Have ypou seen those temps before on other packs? What is the max temp you have seen before? Are all your motors spinning freely?

Whats the air temperature there at the moment? I cant fins a max operating temp for packs but max recommended air temp 40ºc, your where up at 70ºc which is HOT! Have ypou seen those temps before on other packs? What is the max temp you have seen before? Are all your motors spinning freely?

No, my temperature was 26-28C and a gentle breeze, so do not understand what's going on, I'm more than 240,000 meters and over 14 hours of flights performed in this region.

Then Roll back to 1.5 and try again.. BUT keep your eyes on the pack temp and get it down if you see them getting that hot. I would also flub your other packs and see if they do the same.. could be the pack resistance going up for soemreason.. OR your just trying to get to much energy out with the extra weight.. Pass I only fly with DJI kit on and rally light weight power pack for my strobes.

No, my temperature was 26-28C and a gentle breeze, so do not understand what's going on, I'm more than 240,000 meters and over 14 hours of flights performed in this region.

The battery temp is what matters. The most efficient range for discharge is 20C - 40C battery temp. Your battery temp is nearly 70C.

battery_discharge.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar