Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cold Weather Inspire Deaths

If on iOS, hookup iTunes and under your device select apps and scroll down to the installed GO app. There is a folder called FlightRecords there. Drag that to a desktop folder out of iTunes and you have all your flight records there.

Sort and pick the last one (or whatever record you want to analyze) and upload that file. All will be revealed :)

Attachments

• flight log.jpg
    flight log.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 27
  • fl2.jpg
    fl2.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: damoncooper
Got another good day flying in cold conditions (28F with wind chills to the high teens in the morning). Did as I always do, fresh charge to 100 percent, keep the batteries warm till ready to use, then power-up and fly in a low hover for a minute while I watch feedback. With all looking stable, I tax the system and see how the batts look one last time, and I'm off.

Good flights on all 6 batteries, landing at 30 percent and no issues at all.

Since this discussion bloomed, I decided to take a spent cell which had been in a pocket for 30 min or so and send the bird up to see what happens. Got very little use of the remaining 30 percent before, yes, you guessed it... A drop to 4% without warning. I lowered to the ice and powered down. Did it once more with another partially spent cel which was also not frozen but not warm... Same result.

For me, it seems pretty straightforward.
Fresh charge to 100%
Keep the batteries warm till ready to install
Run your props for a minute to get the local action going in your cells
Observe battery status and if all is good, go with caution.

I was wondering if anyone with enough knowledge could tell me what I did wrong to get the propulsion output limited error. I have been getting it on every flight. I've seen it as high as 49% battery level and at lower levels which is more understandable. Every time Ive gotten the message, I am moving full speed.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Question, are you flying in cold temps?
Question, are you monitoring your battery cells during flight via the app?
I am getting the same limit at some points when flying in colder temps. If this is the case it is because the firmware is gaurding against a cell drop low enough to cause a motor shutoff which would be catastrophic.

Question, are you flying in cold temps?
Question, are you monitoring your battery cells during flight via the app?
I am getting the same limit at some points when flying in colder temps. If this is the case it is because the firmware is gaurding against a cell drop low enough to cause a motor shutoff which would be catastrophic.

I am located in Miami Florida. It was 82 today. Nice and sunny.

If the firmware recognizes a cell drop Beyond a certain level and no matter the percentage left. It will initiate A limited output to the motors. Is this happening only with one battery or with multiple batteries. It's possible you have a battery that has a cell that is dropping too low during flight. I would try repeating with other battery to see if you have the same issue

I own two batteries. a TB48 and the regular TB47. I have received the error message while flying with both batteries.

Thanks for your help. I've already sent the drone in for repairs for the same issue and dji has done nothing. over 6 weeks lost between repairs and shipping transit times.

Thanks for your help. I've already sent the drone in for repairs for the same issue and dji has done nothing. over 6 weeks lost between repairs and shipping transit times.
I'm sorry about that, I am happy to help in any way. Another thing you can try is downgrade the firmware then reupgrade the firmware. This sometimes can fix some of the glitchy issues. I am always around if you need help. Just give me a shout.

I was wondering if anyone with enough knowledge could tell me what I did wrong to get the propulsion output limited error. I have been getting it on every flight. I've seen it as high as 49% battery level and at lower levels which is more understandable. Every time Ive gotten the message, I am moving full speed.

Propulsion output is limited below about 13C and above about 45C core battery temp.

You exceeded 50C battery temp during flight.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457670473.520683.jpg

what would be the reasons the battery level would hit above 45? when I had the inspire v2 I never had this problem. The second I got into an inspire pro, this issue surfaced.

Yeah i was getting this the other day too. The batteries started off at about 15c and i got a warning about temperature but even after battery was 35c i was getting "output limited . . . " warning.

Make sure that you dont have any thermal covers on the batteries and when flying in high or low temps keep the speed down and not work it hard, this is the way I have to fly the inspire pro
and have no problem with that, but all cells will drop into the yellow at times but ive never had the firmware cut in and reduce motors... it it because i fly it slow???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan