Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Commercial and The Hobbyist

Reaction score
Website
kdactionphoto.smugmug.com
Just some questions after some past discussions with friends and reading the current requirements of AMA insurance and restrictions compared to going commercial. After reading the AMA site which I have been a past member for a few years it seems that the restrictions of flight are greater compared to the commercial operator. To start I always thought AMA supplied insurance for the Hobbyist that flew at designated flying fields or there own backyard? Now I see they will cover you everywhere with 2.5 million for $72 dollars a year. I think this is fantastic...for the hobbyist. Does this cover the Multirotor with a camera that is flying in say in a town doing AP for fun and then the imagery supplied to a website for the Historic Committee? without selling it? Is this considered commercial? I hope so..Obviously I think people will see my point or question. We pay for insurance, are in the process of getting our 333, fly safe, get permits, invested a lot of money and am just trying to narrow down the complexity of the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters