Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Commercial Insurance in Ontario, Canada

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm trying to find a good insurance company in Ontario (preferably the GTA) A lot of companies I find will not insure drones for commercial use or if they do they want upwards of +2500 per year! Anyone have a company with good rates they can recommend?

I am in BC but my company's UAV insurance provider's Canadian office is in Toronto. The provider is Catlin Canada Inc. and the policy named "Remotely Piloted Aircraft System Insurance" is underwritten by Lloyds. I would recommend you shop for insurance using a broker because I don't think a company like Lloyds deals directly with the general public.
Transport Canada requires minimum $100,000 liability coverage. I carry $1 million because that's what my industrial clients require. The liability premium is about $1000 per year. I also have hull insurance and that premium is approximately 10% of the amount insured.
Catlin Canada Inc.'s address is First Canadian Place, 100 King Street West, Suite 3020, Toronto, ON M5X 1C9. I don't have a phone number for them.

Another provider who quoted me is Kiln Group Aviation Division (don't have contact info) and Avro Insurance Managers: www.avroins.com based in Vancouver. Their quotes were all within a few hundred dollars of each other.

I am in BC but my company's UAV insurance provider's Canadian office is in Toronto. The provider is Catlin Canada Inc. and the policy named "Remotely Piloted Aircraft System Insurance" is underwritten by Lloyds. I would recommend you shop for insurance using a broker because I don't think a company like Lloyds deals directly with the general public.
Transport Canada requires minimum $100,000 liability coverage. I carry $1 million because that's what my industrial clients require. The liability premium is about $1000 per year. I also have hull insurance and that premium is approximately 10% of the amount insured.
Catlin Canada Inc.'s address is First Canadian Place, 100 King Street West, Suite 3020, Toronto, ON M5X 1C9. I don't have a phone number for them.

Another provider who quoted me is Kiln Group Aviation Division (don't have contact info) and Avro Insurance Managers: www.avroins.com based in Vancouver. Their quotes were all within a few hundred dollars of each other.

Thank you very much Richard. That's great advice , I actually just received my quote today from Lloyds insurance. Looks like 1275 for 2 million. Really appreciate the great response.

Thank you very much Richard. That's great advice , I actually just received my quote today from Lloyds insurance. Looks like 1275 for 2 million. Really appreciate the great response.

Wow.. Those premiums sound very high.. I'm paying $825 with Avro for $1 million liability! I'm in Toronto.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont