Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Commercial Registering with FAA with Form 8050-1

Reaction score
Website
mockspeedmedia.com
I own a production company and an Inspire 1 for commercial purposes so while I am awaiting my Section 333 I wanted to register with the FAA to avoid police interference. I considered registering as a hobbyist but after looking at the site I wanted to register as a commercial operator. As you may know the site tells me I need a physical FAA form 8050-1:

sUAS Registration

I must register via paper form. So I called my nearest FAA office and had the form sent to me. Now that I have it it is asking for my N number. Do I now need to file for an N number first? Anyone doing this? Should I just register now as a hobbyist to have 'something' and wait for the section 333? Should I 'register' for an N number and send in the form 8050-1? Has anyone tried registering commercially via the FAA registration site? Thanks.

Your 333 will require you to have a N number. You can contact the FAA to have them send you a 8050-1.
You can also register as a hobbyist to get your personal Registration ID, however, it does not apply to commercial use. For commercial operations, you still need to go down the 333 road.
After you get the N number, which takes a few weeks, expect that you will have to register with your state along with providing proper insurance documentation.

I own a production company and an Inspire 1 for commercial purposes so while I am awaiting my Section 333 I wanted to register with the FAA to avoid police interference. I considered registering as a hobbyist but after looking at the site I wanted to register as a commercial operator. As you may know the site tells me I need a physical FAA form 8050-1:

sUAS Registration

I must register via paper form. So I called my nearest FAA office and had the form sent to me. Now that I have it it is asking for my N number. Do I now need to file for an N number first? Anyone doing this? Should I just register now as a hobbyist to have 'something' and wait for the section 333? Should I 'register' for an N number and send in the form 8050-1? Has anyone tried registering commercially via the FAA registration site? Thanks.

If you leave the N Number line empty on the 8050-1 the FAA will issue you a random N number. If you want a custom N number apply here FAA - Registry - Aircraft N-Number Reservation, right now the site is down (10AM 1.10.16). Once I found an N number I wanted (and paid the 10 dollars), I waited 3 weeks till I called the FAA to find out if my requested number was approved. Then I completed the 8050-1 with my custom N number and mailed the form to the FAA.

I do not have my 333 exemption yet and also did register thru the hobbiest registration process as I can not legally operate as a commercial entity. I actually have my N number and my hobbiest registration number on my Inspire now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airlineoffice