Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Compass reading?

Reaction score
Hey guys can someone tell me what the best or nominal compass reading should be? Lately after calibrating my compass my compass readings are fluctuating from 14.8 to 15ish or little higher..when I'm flying lately..moderate wind...have flown in much more windy weather, the movement of the copter is almost like in attitude mode? Have to really compensate alot.akes me nervous..doesn't seem like it'd totally in a stable GPS mode..any input guys?

Hey guys can someone tell me what the best or nominal compass reading should be? Lately after calibrating my compass my compass readings are fluctuating from 14.8 to 15ish or little higher..when I'm flying lately..moderate wind...have flown in much more windy weather, the movement of the copter is almost like in attitude mode? Have to really compensate alot.akes me nervous..doesn't seem like it'd totally in a stable GPS mode..any input guys?
Hi Flexref..
welcome to inspirepilots.com! !
Close to 1500 is ideal. .
make sure and get a good compass calibration and then leave it alone unless you travel a great distance. ..
If its swirling around after taking off ,while hovering ,you probably should try calibrating it again until it works properly and then stick with it..
turbo. ..

Reactions: PB30X
If it's 'bath tubbing' you might need to do a IMU calibration on a perfectly level surface away from anything that might interfere, like metal, magnetic influences etc.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
If it's 'bath tubbing' you might need to do a IMU calibration on a perfectly level surface away from anything that might interfere, like metal, magnetic influences etc.
It's a good idea to do an IMU calibration after a firmware update or if your i1 was subjected to shock from a crash or its trip from China. .
Do not continue updating it!!
When your i1 starts flying in circles I believe they call it tbe,
the toilet bowl effect..
turb...

Reactions: lake_flyer
It's a good idea to do an IMU calibration after a firmware update or if your i1 was subjected to shock from a crash or its trip from China. .
Do not continue updating it!!
When your i1 starts flying in circles I believe they call it tbe,
the toilet bowl effect..
turb...
TBE, Toilet Bowl Effect, you're right. Bath Tub would be BTE :)

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Whatever it reads after known good calibration with confirmed no magnetic, ferrous or metallic objects under, over or near the aircraft is what's normal for you.

But yeah, probably.

Reactions: Flexref

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop