Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

compass values = zero - new compass?

Reaction score
hi
i am trying to fix my inspire 1 after af soft crash from about 2 meters

since the crash i am not getting any compass sensor values. i checked the ribbon cable connecting the compass to the NCore FC and it seems to be ok. the compass board itself has no visible damage but i noticed that the DJI sticker was not in one piece. and it seems that an IC is missing from the board although i'm not sure of this. see picture
if the IC is not supposed to be there it still seems like there are some bad connections in that spot.

if non of the above is the problem is it possible that the crash could have damaged the internal electronics in the compass sensor itselv (without visible damage)?

Attachments

• 20160811_152108(1).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
well i thought so..

it's always nice to be right :D

and now i just need to track down a new one of these :/ a much more unpleasant task..

if you know how to get this part without buying a whole new NCore please tell me how. dji isn't too happy about selling parts like this separately

I had to buy a compass myself but i just happened to stumble across one that had just been listed on ebay by chance , your probably best contacting someone whos breaking inspires and see if they would sell one separately , you never know???

luckily my boss is a dji dealer maybe he can get the part for me :D

else i have to find someone unlucky who has broken theirs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop