Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Compliance tools

Reaction score
I've mentioned this before but maybe someone can suggest the best way to do this. I live in the desert southwest and many of the places I'm planning to fly my Inspire 1 Pro are in the desert or away from built up areas and the problem I have is in verifying if the place I want to fly is permitted. Both the B4UFLY and Hover apps have some info on this but neither is as useful as the original B4UFLY website.

In the B4UFLY app, if you go into 'Planning Mode' You have at the top an item called 'Location', and when you click on it you have three options: Last Planner Location, Current GPS Location, and Add Address. If I select 'Add Address' the only way I can see how to add an address is to type in the address on the third line called 'Address / Location', but how do you enter an address for a spot in the desert away from civilization. If there's a way to drop a pin that would be helpful but I do not see that option or how to do it.

With Hover you get these nice orange circles for the airports and grey boxes for places like military areas and when you touch on them a box pops up giving you some info about the area. But, the map has many other areas with different shades of green and touching on it provides no info so an area might be a National Park or it might be nothing so you can't tell if that area is flyable or not. In fact, almost all of the map is various shades of green so if green means 'no fly' then there's almost no place you can fly.

So, what am I supposed to do -- drive three hours to the location only to discover I can't fly there? If there's a way to drop a pin on the map in B4UFLY so I can check an area before travelling hours to get there I'd appreciate some guidance on this. I see nothing on Youtube that's been even remotely helpful and the built in tutorial is less than pathetic.

Brian

I've mentioned this before but maybe someone can suggest the best way to do this. I live in the desert southwest and many of the places I'm planning to fly my Inspire 1 Pro are in the desert or away from built up areas and the problem I have is in verifying if the place I want to fly is permitted. Both the B4UFLY and Hover apps have some info on this but neither is as useful as the original B4UFLY website.

In the B4UFLY app, if you go into 'Planning Mode' You have at the top an item called 'Location', and when you click on it you have three options: Last Planner Location, Current GPS Location, and Add Address. If I select 'Add Address' the only way I can see how to add an address is to type in the address on the third line called 'Address / Location', but how do you enter an address for a spot in the desert away from civilization. If there's a way to drop a pin that would be helpful but I do not see that option or how to do it.

With Hover you get these nice orange circles for the airports and grey boxes for places like military areas and when you touch on them a box pops up giving you some info about the area. But, the map has many other areas with different shades of green and touching on it provides no info so an area might be a National Park or it might be nothing so you can't tell if that area is flyable or not. In fact, almost all of the map is various shades of green so if green means 'no fly' then there's almost no place you can fly.

So, what am I supposed to do -- drive three hours to the location only to discover I can't fly there? If there's a way to drop a pin on the map in B4UFLY so I can check an area before travelling hours to get there I'd appreciate some guidance on this. I see nothing on Youtube that's been even remotely helpful and the built in tutorial is less than pathetic.

Brian
All those apps and wibblywobbly sites are meaningless.
The only way to know whether you can legally fly within the NAS is to use proper air charts or utilise a professional app like Sky Demon that load up correct airspace plates.

Brian
All these apps are subject to errors and out of date information. Don't trust 'em. The only reliable method, used by aviators, is to refer to the most current Sectional chart. You can get them here for free:

SkyVector: Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts

Just learn how to use the legend with the Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge (chapter 15) or ask a pilot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44