Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Congratulations DJI you just killed the Phantom!!

Is the Mavic a Phantom Killer

• Yes it has killed it

Votes: 54 56.8%
  • No - The phantom is still alive and well

Votes: 41 43.2%

• Total voters
Try living with a constant 18 to 27 knots of wind every day, P3P not hacking it comfortably but Inspire no real problem. As for distance l wonder how many drones go beyond line of sight anyway? So the GoPro versus DJI is not really an issue is it?GoPro's first UAV firmware V 1.0 lets see how many fw updates and models it takes to catch up with DJI.
Definately go for a Mavic if l lived in a less windy enviroment GoPro are too late on the market in my humble opinion.

Just pulled the trigger on the mavic. Hope my inspire doesn't get mad:) Anyway I have a phantom for sale;)

I need to see how the Mavic Pro works out in the hands of regular and experienced pilots and to see how it handles Android. Some of the early word is that Android is a problem -- I have no desire to get a new phone to make using a drone more workable. But, again, I'll wait and see how it actually is...

Brian

Does anyone have Mavic dimensions (length/width) from outside prop tip measurements?

Thanks!
Diagonal dimension (which is the largest) will be the airframe which is 335mm plus twice half prop length (so one full prop) and the Mavic uses 8330's so 210mm
Therefore overall diagonal span is 335mm + 210mm = 545mm.
In reality it will be very slightly less than this since 335mm is airframe dimensions not shaft to shaft measurements.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: DesertWindAero
I'll be bagging one in a couple of months once the initial bugs have been ironed out.
Bugs????.....what bugs? Are you trying to say that DJI firmware has bu.............. Oh, fair point. Don't want a repetition of the 'Garage Door' incident.

Reactions: Mad_angler1
Bugs????.....what bugs? Are you trying to say that DJI firmware has bu.............. Oh, fair point. Don't want a repetition of the 'Garage Door' incident.

Did we ever know what the actual issue there was, compass issue or gps I guess.

If they get it out like the P4 it will be fine, that's been absolutely solid, especially the avoidance and considering this was new you could have predicted some niggling issues but nothing.

Did we ever know what the actual issue there was, compass issue or gps I guess.

If they get it out like the P4 it will be fine, that's been absolutely solid, especially the avoidance and considering this was new you could have predicted some niggling issues but nothing.
Yes it was an IMU issue (well firmware related to the IMU).
They fixed it pretty quick but begs the question how it was ever released like that.

I love bugs, the unknown of whether you still have a drone or not as it disappears into the distance... LOL :D

Yes it was an IMU issue (well firmware related to the IMU).
They fixed it pretty quick but begs the question how it was ever released like that.

Ahh missed that one, the wife reaction was classic though.

I love bugs, the unknown of whether you still have a drone or not as it disappears into the distance... LOL :D

Oh yea I had 2 battery errors while out over the water last night, gets the hart pumping to say the least.

Reactions: UAV Man
I have been toying with the idea of getting a drone for personal use as all of the ones I have used up until now have been company property.
I think that the key here is that the Karma will appeal to all of the extreme sports crowd more than the Mavic due to the multiple uses that you can give the camera, I think it represents better value for money when you consider the hand held mount and the fact that you have a waterproof go pro to take with you when you dont want to film from a drone.

I do not know which one to buy, I will wait for feedback once they are released....... but both have me seriously reachign for the wallet. The Mavic seems like I would like it more, but I would also need to get a suitable smartphone as mine is ancient.
The Karma seems like a much better value for money package all in all.

Right, but if you assume that you are buying a drone for the first time, which one would you buy?
One that is a great looking drone, very compact and smart looking, that only serves as a drone. Or one that is a bit bigger, still quite compact and serves as a drone, GOpro, handheld stabiliser and underwater camera?

I know which one I would go for.

Right, but if you assume that you are buying a drone for the first time, which one would you buy?
One that is a great looking drone, very compact and smart looking, that only serves as a drone. Or one that is a bit bigger, still quite compact and serves as a drone, GOpro, handheld stabiliser and underwater camera?

I know which one I would go for.
You said 'buying a drone', simple I'd buy the one from the worlds leading drone manufacturer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop