Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Consensus; QR props OR Original Screw On?

Reaction score
Okay, I've had an issue or two with the QR props. Some have recommended going back to the screw on. What do most use?

QR props work just fine, but it's hard to tell when they need replaced. For that reason, it's just safer to use the original props. Per a post I saw on the DJI forum, DJI is getting ready to release their latest prop design soon -- which looks to be the best out of the three.

I used the quick release system for ~120 flight, 140km of light distance, no problem at all but I think I removed the props twice in all this period. Today I swaped to the self tightening , hope I won't have any problem either with those and can report back after 200km flight distance with the same positive feeling about the Inspire 1 :)

There's definitely no consensus either way and this has been debated by forum members many times before. One offers redundancy, the other doesn't. Both can fail in their own way.

I believe the self-tightening props with prop locks are the safest but I use the QR for convenience. To each there own.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell