Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Controller won't power on

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can offer a suggestion that will keep me from having to send my controller in for repair. I have a controller that is my secondary controller when I have two operators. As of just a few days ago, all was well. Yesterday, I tried to power it up and it doesn't appear to work. IF I plug in a charger to it, it gives me an initial indicator of 4 white lights but then doesn't go into charge mode. I thought that perhaps the battery had just gotten depleted so I left it on the charger to see if things might rectify themselves. After 12 hours, the behavior is the same. IF I try to turn on the remote while connected to the charger, it works perfectly including being able to link to my master controller and control all the gimbal functions but as soon as I pull the charger plug out of the controller, it appears to be dead. I'm guessing the battery has failed but I thought I'd put this out there in case anybody had a fix to try.

Thanks!

Hopefully someone can offer a suggestion that will keep me from having to send my controller in for repair. I have a controller that is my secondary controller when I have two operators. As of just a few days ago, all was well. Yesterday, I tried to power it up and it doesn't appear to work. IF I plug in a charger to it, it gives me an initial indicator of 4 white lights but then doesn't go into charge mode. I thought that perhaps the battery had just gotten depleted so I left it on the charger to see if things might rectify themselves. After 12 hours, the behavior is the same. IF I try to turn on the remote while connected to the charger, it works perfectly including being able to link to my master controller and control all the gimbal functions but as soon as I pull the charger plug out of the controller, it appears to be dead. I'm guessing the battery has failed but I thought I'd put this out there in case anybody had a fix to try.

Thanks!
If you have already tried the 'leave it on charge for a long time' trick and that hasn't worked then I would say yes, your RC Lipo is shot.
It is a standard 2 cell 6000mAh pack so is pretty easily replaced but will require you to strip down your RC.
If you do not feel comfortable doing that then I'm afraid it means sending it in but it is an easy and fast turnaround so shouldn't take too long.

If you have already tried the 'leave it on charge for a long time' trick and that hasn't worked then I would say yes, your RC Lipo is shot.
It is a standard 2 cell 6000mAh pack so is pretty easily replaced but will require you to strip down your RC.
If you do not feel comfortable doing that then I'm afraid it means sending it in but it is an easy and fast turnaround so shouldn't take too long.
I watched a video online about how to dismantle the controller to get to the battery. I followed the video exactly but when it came time to actually get the casing open, it was very resistant and not nearly as easy as the video indicated. I gave up after not being able to get it open without severely marring the case seam. Guess I'll be sending it in...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah