Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Controller won't update

Reaction score
Website
www.lightningstrikeproductions.co.uk
Hi, recently purchased the I1 v2. Installed update 1.05 to aircraft no problem, the controller however stays with a red LED once connected to a usb with the firmware update on and doesn't do anything. The app tells me it needs to be updated though.
Am I missing something?

Hi, recently purchased the I1 v2. Installed update 1.05 to aircraft no problem, the controller however stays with a red LED once connected to a usb with the firmware update on and doesn't do anything. The app tells me it needs to be updated though.
Am I missing something?
Yes - the Remote firmware can now only be updated via the app! Updating through a USB thumb drive is no longer supported.

Yes - the Remote firmware can now only be updated via the app! Updating through a USB thumb drive is no longer supported.
Thanks for the reply, and THANK YOU DJI for making an otherwise simple task harder! Do I need to download the firmware via the app or can I put the firmware on the smart device and do it that way?

Many thanks Editor

Thanks for the reply, and THANK YOU DJI for making an otherwise simple task harder! Do I need to download the firmware via the app or can I put the firmware on the smart device and do it that way?

Many thanks Editor
It's all done through the app now but ONLY for the remote.
The aircraft is still updated via a .bin file on the MicoSD and put into the camera.

Weirdly I was using a S4mini initially and that was giving me the update warning for the RC. Now I'm using an iPad mini2 and there is no warning.....
As a smart device for running the app, the S4 barely worked while the iPad is pretty good with only a little frame drop at distance.
Thanks for the help.

Try the S4 again. It will probably allow you to update.
I had the same problem switching IOS and Android devices, the update message was gone. After switching back to the device I originally got the message on, it was there again and all went fine with the update.

It's all done through the app now but ONLY for the remote.
The aircraft is still updated via a .bin file on the MicoSD and put into the camera.
New inspire 1 and controller updated via dji download perfectly. Tried to install same software to second purchased controller and message was need to update fw via usb tried everything all afternoon would not update via usb - really cheesed off with this dji fw upgrades l have a p3p no problems

New inspire 1 and controller updated via dji download perfectly. Tried to install same software to second purchased controller and message was need to update fw via usb tried everything all afternoon would not update via usb - really cheesed off with this dji fw upgrades l have a p3p no problems
As I said above - the remote IS NOT updated via USB any longer since v1.3.0 which was released at the beginning of August last year! This is all in the release notes.
If your remote has firmware older than that it would appear to be old stock (unless you purchased second hand and the original owner did not keep it up to date).
Update via USB until v1.3.0. Then it can only be done via the app since USB update is not supported post this version.

As I said above - the remote IS NOT updated via USB any longer since v1.3.0 which was released at the beginning of August last year! This is all in the release notes.
If you remote has firmware older than that it would appear to be old stock (unless you purchased second hand and the original owner did not keep!of up to date).
Update via USB until v1.3.0. Then it can only be done via the app since USB update is not supported post this version.
Separate RC purchased from store separately from Inspire 1 V2 package - on the 2nd rc it gives me the following info -
App version = 2.6.0
RC version = 1.2.0.17+
Message on screen states
RC requires upgrade - Current version of RC firmware does not support in-app firmware upgrading, please upload v1.3.0.00 through USB first.
So I download the v1.3.0.00 onto a formatted FAT32 SD card and pop it into the RC . switch on the RC one red light and four white lights stay on until it time out after five minutes with a repeated bleep???? Tried multiple times - Please advise. DJI online help not available - Chinese New Year

Thanks Editor but any additional ideas on the above problem I'm having the RC will not take onboard the 1.3.0.00 firmware via the usb taking into consideration -
RC requires upgrade - Current version of RC firmware does not support in-app firmware upgrading, please upload v1.3.0.00 through USB first. Please help. :)

Thanks Editor but any additional ideas on the above problem I'm having the RC will not take onboard the 1.3.0.00 firmware via the usb taking into consideration -
RC requires upgrade - Current version of RC firmware does not support in-app firmware upgrading, please upload v1.3.0.00 through USB first. Please help. :)
I assume you do not have the Inspire switched on while attempting update?
Assuming it is correctly switched off, try different USB drives - the remote is very fussy on what will and what won't work.
If this doesn't work, come back and we can try something else.

Can you guys post a screen shot of the USB drive/SD card root with the FW on ?
I don't know how to post a screen shot but the only file on the sd card is
Inspire_1_Firmwarev1.3.0.00_en(1)zip this is in the usb stick and this is what I put into the RC then switch it on - one red light fours whites after five minutes or so bleeps and eventually shuts down. Have tried just putting the bin file onto the sd card, same result? Frustrating to say the least..... Appreciate the help

I don't know how to post a screen shot but the only file on the sd card is
Inspire_1_Firmwarev1.3.0.00_en(1)zip this is in the usb stick and this is what I put into the RC then switch it on - one red light fours whites after five minutes or so bleeps and eventually shuts down. Have tried just putting the bin file onto the sd card, same result? Frustrating to say the least..... Appreciate the help
No - you need to unzip the file first and then put the unzipped firmware file on the USB stick

No - you need to unzip the file first and then put the unzipped firmware file on the USB stick
Okay unzipped the file so it shows the four files, firmware update guide, Inspire 1 release note en _2025 ...... `inspire release notes en pdf, WW610 FW.........put the lot onto the SD/USB stick and still no luck? Tried just the WW 610 FW bin file - still no response??

Okay unzipped the file so it shows the four files, firmware update guide, Inspire 1 release note en _2025 ...... `inspire release notes en pdf, WW610 FW.........put the lot onto the SD/USB stick and still no luck? Tried just the WW 610 FW bin file - still no response??
Reformat the drive, then put JUST the 610FW.bin file on the root directory of the drive - DO NOT Put any other file on the drive.
Put it in the RC before switching on. Do not have the Inspire on.
Turn on the RC, wait around 15-20 seconds. It should start to update.

Can you take a picture of the root file with your phone and upload ?

Something still not right

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide