Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Controller won't update

Reformat the drive, then put JUST the 610FW.bin file on the root directory of the drive - DO NOT Put any other file on the drive.
Put it in the RC before switching on. Do not have the Inspire on.
Turn on the RC, wait around 15-20 seconds. It should start to update.
Formatted the SD card put on the 610FW.bin file put it into the usb port on the RC turned RC on ------- one red light and four whites nothing changes? two minutes passed so far.

Possibly the SD card reader is not playing nice with your RC. Do you have any USB stick lying around? I know I always have a few small 1GB/2GB/4GB ones floating around somewhere until I actually do need one and then they all mysteriously disappear. Anyway, just make sure the USB stick is properly formatted in a file format that the RC can read.

Possibly the SD card reader is not playing nice with your RC. Do you have any USB stick lying around? I know I always have a few small 1GB/2GB/4GB ones floating around somewhere until I actually do need one and then they all mysteriously disappear. Anyway, just make sure the USB stick is properly formatted in a file format that the RC can read.

Just tried using another memory stick instead of a the two SD card readers and the two different SD cards, tried it twice formatted each time and installed your file on it and still nothing - The memory stick has a light on it which remains on as if the RC isn't reading the file?

Just tried using another memory stick instead of a the two SD card readers and the two different SD cards, tried it twice formatted each time and installed your file on it and still nothing - The memory stick has a light on it which remains on as if the RC isn't reading the file?
How did you format it? In a PC? FAT, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS?

Hi Steve, I formatted them all on my MacBook Pro SDFormatter MS-DOS FAT32
If you have a PC, I would try that. I am not sure about the Apple format capability. I am not an Apple person, so don't get offended........
The other thing to try that people have had success with is exFAT.

Good idea, l shall try the Dell laptop in the morning maybe it is the Mac upsetting the FW? Shall keep you guys posted appreciate the assistance Thanks

Whist it's should not its definitely worth a try
as I have had an issue around this my self before.

Whist it's should not its definitely worth a try
as I have had an issue around this my self before.

Mad_Angler1, SteveT1, The Editor and ATU - GREAT news guys just had to get out of bed last night to give it one more go, well you know what it's like? So the moral of the story is:-

1: Don't use an Apple MacBook Pro to download any FW onto a stick - in this case the RC didn't like it but as you know the purchased new boxed but old stock RC FW installed demanded the 1.3.0.00 FW to be installed via that route.
2: Use a memory stick and not SD cards in their USB readers RC didn't like it
3: Do download the bin file from a PC onto a memory stick - RC loved it but not as much as me.
4: Reinstall DJI Go app on both tablets
4: RC was able to update FW thereafter to latest FW via app
4: Both controllers now work Master/slave will do the IMU and compass calibrations etc today but hey guys thanks for you're input it's really appreciated.

Reactions: The Editor
Good to hear! I had no issues updating my RC previously and did it exclusively with my MacBook so I don't think using a Mac was the issue but YMMV. If anything, my guess would be the USB stick and it's file system/formatting. I have never used SDFormatter. I just stick with the Mac's Disk Utilities to do any formatting of drives.

Mad_Angler1, SteveT1, The Editor and ATU - GREAT news guys just had to get out of bed last night to give it one more go, well you know what it's like? So the moral of the story is:-

1: Don't use an Apple MacBook Pro to download any FW onto a stick - in this case the RC didn't like it but as you know the purchased new boxed but old stock RC FW installed demanded the 1.3.0.00 FW to be installed via that route.
3: Do download the bin file from a PC onto a memory stick - RC loved it but not as much as me.
4: Both controllers now work Master/slave will do the IMU and compass calibrations etc today but hey guys thanks for you're input it's really appreciated.
Glad its all worked out - now go fly. :)

Glad your sorted I have had some formatting issues with OS X my self last time around to get around it I just formatted the card in the camera, was going to be my next digestion but your good so enjoy :)

Hi Guys,
Yes I guess it was down to the formatting of the memory stick not using the SD formatter to do it but using the format on the drive the usb was on, on the PC and not necessarily the Apple MAC's fault.
All's well that end's well and thanks again in helping me regain my sanity - well some of it :)

Glad to hear it, have fun, fly safe....

Glad its all worked out - now go fly. :)

Sorry, didn't finish. Took your update file from this thread, download to a USB drive, with controller off, insert into controller and then turn controller on. Nothing just red light with 4 white. after 5 minutes or so the controller starts beeping and only stops if I push a button on controller. Like a time out warning? I've tried both my controllers and same thing. I've formatted the USB drive on a PC and tried various downloaded updates from DJI site and this thread. Thanks for any input

Sorry, didn't finish. Took your update file from this thread, download to a USB drive, with controller off, insert into controller and then turn controller on. Nothing just red light with 4 white. after 5 minutes or so the controller starts beeping and only stops if I push a button on controller. Like a time out warning? I've tried both my controllers and same thing. I've formatted the USB drive on a PC and tried various downloaded updates from DJI site and this thread. Thanks for any input
What version is your RC firmware?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido