Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Converting HDMI from controller to composite video

Reaction score
Hello
Just wondering if anyone has tried converting the hdmi from the controller to composite video to display on a monitor while flying?
My dads started coming with me when i fly the inspire but its awkward huddling round my phone display so wanted to sort out a little 10inch monitor for him to view on.i have one but it only has composite video input.
Thanks
Pwackinspire

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

It should work just fine. I do that conversion in order to set up a second monitor for editing at home. On the road I use the same monitor to go from my second controller HDMI out to the monitor. Its great when your showing off to a group! You can see my monitor hooked up at this scout day camp.
Just have to have shade.

Agree with Paul, it should work if the right method is used. Amazon has a cable for $6.99 that doesn't have very good reviews, I'm guessing the issue they had was HDMI is a digital signal and Composite is an analog signal, that's why you see a lot of inline converter boxes like THIS ONE. @Paul Carrin what method did you use?

Out in the field I go from a mini HDMI adapter I found at Fry's to a HDMI straight to the monitor. We happen to have a cheap Vizio monitor with HDMi inputs in our RV that wasn't being used so now it's my field monitor, which by the way can be powered off my car inverter and the cigarette lighter thingy. I even made a cardboard stand out of box. Works perfect out of the back of the car!
If it was me, I'd look for a cheap HDMI monitor for under $100.

Ive ordered a cheap hdmi to composite convertor which should be here on monday so will report back on how it performs.

Works great.£10 well spent.i use a little usb powerbank to power it.then i connect the composite out to my 12v monitor which i power with a small yuasa 6ah battery from an alarm panel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah