Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Course lock, 1 motor out

Reaction score
With the left stick all the way left or extreme right, will the inspire stay airborne like the M600? With 1 motor out of course.
When you get around to it can you explain how its not enough power to sustain flight. 1 less motor equals more power to divvy up between remaining 3motors
Is that DJI's answer its not enough power? That seems like BS IMO:confused:

With the left stick all the way left or extreme right, will the inspire stay airborne like the M600? With 1 motor out of course.
When you get around to it can you explain how its not enough power to sustain flight. 1 less motor equals more power to divvy up between remaining 3motors
Is that DJI's answer its not enough power? That seems like BS IMO:confused:
No - It can't stay airborne for various reasons with one motor out.
Firstly, the algorithms are just not written into the flight controller to enable the spin and control scenario.
Secondly it requires more power from the three remaining motors to keep the aircraft airborne for the same mass. As well as this the corrective thrust is just too much for the Inspire propulsion system.
The 3510/kv350's are rated at a maximum thrust of 1600g. With one motor out that gives a maximum available thrust of 4800g. Since the Inspire weighs in at around 2935g or over 3kg with a TB48 (even more with an X5/X5R) you would need over 3000g of thrust just to remain airborne. There is not enough overhead in the additional 1800g available to enable controlled flight/spin and lift for the manuevre to work.
It could be done but but would need more powerful motors and also the algorithms to enable emergency flight in the event of a motor going out.
Additionally, the batteries on the Inspire are pretty low C rating and when and if a motor out happened there would be a huge loading asked of the batteries that would probably exceed the current TB47/48's capabilities.

Hope that helps. :)

Reactions: Canuck32
Even a slow decent while spinning would be great, but I think their r&d will be focused elsewhere now

Going to give this a test on my TBS disco and film it. It's the inspire kit with a mayday. Interested in the lowest effective height and also have the opale system to test.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
Reactions: slim.slamma
Pondering, but ok...
Closed mouth don't get fed, DJI you know what the i2 needs now i hope:D
Even a slow dec
No - It can't stay airborne for various reasons with one motor out.
Firstly, the algorithms are just not written into the flight controller to enable the spin and control scenario.
Secondly it requires more power from the three remaining motors to keep the aircraft airborne for the same mass. As well as this the corrective thrust is just too much for the Inspire propulsion system.
The 3510/kv350's are rated at a maximum thrust of 1600g. With one motor out that gives a maximum available thrust of 4800g. Since the Inspire weighs in at around 2935g or over 3kg with a TB48 (even more with an X5/X5R) you would need over 3000g of thrust just to remain airborne. There is not enough overhead in the additional 1800g available to enable controlled flight/spin and lift for the manuevre to work.
It could be done but but would need more powerful motors and also the algorithms to enable emergency flight in the event of a motor going out.
Additionally, the batteries on the Inspire are pretty low C rating and when and if a motor out happened there would be a huge loading asked of the batteries that would probably exceed the current TB47/48's capabilities.

Hope that helps. :)
Pondering, but ok
Closed mouth's don't get fed. So i ask question's

It's definitely worth bringing up, if they rolled it into the software it would be awesome :)

I wonder if there will be an Inspire 2, at least resembling its current form. I think DJI knows that multirotors as heavy and expensive as the inspire need more redundant systems similar to the M600.

I personally wont buy another Inspire unless it has significant redundancy for all systems but the M600 is just to big for many applications.

Reactions: slim.slamma
I wonder if there will be an Inspire 2, at least resembling its current form. I think DJI knows that multirotors as heavy and expensive as the inspire need more redundant systems similar to the M600.

I personally wont buy another Inspire unless it has significant redundancy for all systems but the M600 is just to big for many applications.

I agree. I really can't identify what I would need in a drone right now that the Inspire doesn't deliver on. Maybe just a built-in nose cam that broadcasts on lightbridge. The M600 looks pretty awesome, but overkill for what I do, and the idea of dropping $1200 for each additional set of batteries is kind of mind boggling.

M600 batteries are 6 for $799.00
No quadcopter has the safety redundancy built into the M600.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaisyBanue