Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Crash and broken carbon fiber part

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by Gregorio Munita, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Gregorio Munita

Hi, yesterday I had an strong accident, results camera and gimbal damaged, and one of the chassis carbon fiber broken. I chat with DJI Inspire 1 team and they told me that for carbon fiber chassis parts there weren´t available. They suggest to repair... Any ideas from someone with this matter? Best regards, GM

2. InspireArnold

I've had the same, contacted my dealer en shipped it over to DJI Germany for repair.

In my case (fly away from the I1), I was lucky and they chainced mine with a brand new one (only I1 with camera). They couldn't find the pilots error in the flightdata. It took them 1 week to ship it back. Just now I'm waiting for a message to pick it up.

But there are people who where not so lucky and had to pay for the repair, I've heared prices from $ 400,- and more for repairing only the arms. A new gimbal is a new camera (I'll think) so that cost you also $ 500,-.

Search the forum and you'll find an answer about repairing the arms your self.

http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/dji-inspire-1-repair-tutorials.1231/page-2#post-13090

3. Gregorio Munita

Thank you very much InspireArnold. GM