Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crashed Inspire 1 / Buy?Don't buy?

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Im new to this and have some questions, never had a inspire allways phantoms:rolleyes: and a good friend of mine wants to sell me his inspire 1 that he crashed in the first flight so its new!!

Problems:

-Broken gimbal, camera looks good but it broke on the mount riping a small cable
-Broken left boon lading gear, could be replacable with some carbon tube i guess..

Sooo, me question is regarding what do you guys think abou the camera replacemant? wondering if it possible to mount a phantom 3 pro camera on it??? will the conections cables work? because a zenmuse inspire costs 500$

And how much money do you think it worth paying him knowing the situation?o_O

Hope someone can help!
Thanks

Given the price of working ones nowadays I would stay far away unless price was dirt cheap (or you really want to do a favor to your friend).

You could get an X3 for cheaper than $500 if you buy a used one from someone who upgraded, but you will never know what else might be broken and need replacement until you get it. Could add up quickly. Phantom cameras won't work, you need one of the models that can be mounted on an Inspire.

I dumped one of my Inspires a couple months ago, with an X5R gimbal...Ouch. (Tree vs. Inspire, the tree won). Snapped the arm on the gimbal, attempted my own repair... cable problem ensued, like what you described. I just sent it into DJI for non-warranty repair, it cost about $450 to fix, all-in. The broken left boom would probably cost a little less to repair. I would suggest having the factory repair instead of doing it yourself, especially a structural component of flight like a carbon fiber boom.

Cheers

Hi there,

Nobody knows and without pictures, nobody can give you a decent or approximate estimate of the repairs : even with pictures, there is a lot of stuff that can be broken/malfunctioning and you can't acess that visualy.

Either : buy the Inspire for 500$ and send it for DJI or best of all, send the Inspire to DJI to get a repair qupte and then decide if you want to keep it or not.

I would only get all this hassle if your friend's inspire is a V2. v1 are getting dirty cheap these days and can be had for less than 1500usd with lots of extra batteries and professional cases.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84