Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crashed INSPIRE with new X5 using waypoints

I guess you could look at it both ways.
A good pilot would verify height and obstacles though before hand would he not?

Just had a nightmarish flashback looking at your pic, mine looked just like that after my totally preventable crash. Sorry for your loss, know the feeling well.

The real issue, IMHO, is how profitable is the shoot going to be? If we are talking about high dollar cinematography, and tricky flying with obstacles, it is better to have a camera operator and let the pilot do the flying. No autonomous flying software is fool proof. If on the other hand, you are doing videos just for yourself, concentrate on the flying as your primary task, and camera operation as a secondary function. Post editing can do wonders. Trusting an app to keep your $4-6K bird away from obstacles is a bad idea, just like trusting obstacle avoidance sensor as fool proof. After crashing my I1P and a $800 repair bill I re-learned my old pilot lesson (aviate, navigate, communicate), meaning fly the aircraft first, before worrying about turning knobs or attempting to solve other issues in the cockpit.

I confess I have become fixated on the screen image with dire results. Is that one-in-a-lifetime shot worth your shiny new UAV? Maybe, if the fee is high enough....

How good would it be if we could pre fly waypoints with the mavic or cheaper phantom as a test of the route and then fly the exact route with our more expensive equipment.
Without looking I'm wondering if we can do this with litchi?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travejars