Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crashed, not sure why..

Reaction score
I took off from location A. Was riding in a fourwheeler filming from above for about 4 minutes. Got the low battery warning, so we stopped, and I started to bring the drone down. Had about 20% battery remaining and was 10 ft from the ground, then all of the sudden, the camera tilted straight up and the drone turned to the location we took off from, and started to fly up and away straight toward the trees. At this point I tried to fight it for control, but by that time it went into the trees. Broke two props. No other damage thankfully. But I have no idea what happened. Why did the drone seemingly stop, and try to return home??

Using the Inspire 1 Pro and the latest version of Litchi. Drone was in F mode (I think) but I was free-flying, No missions were active or anything.

Perhaps, but why? There was no connectivity loss. There is no setting in the app to return to home upon low battery. And if it was RTH, it did not climb to the proper attitude first.

Under low battery warning if you don't cancel the warning when it hits that point it goes into RTH mode. Also a red x comes up that you need to press and acknolodge that you want to cancel for it to exit out of.

Under low battery warning if you don't cancel the warning when it hits that point it goes into RTH mode. Also a red x comes up that you need to press and acknolodge that you want to cancel for it to exit out of.

Thanks Canuck. Are those settings configurable in litchi? I saw nothing about it.

Also if it was returning to home, why didnt it ascend to the RTH altitude first? Is it disregarding the RTH altitude and trying to make a b-line for the home point because the battery is low?

Sorry didn't notice the litchi part. Not sure if still applicable to them but that is the go app default setting and I'm not sure if litchi is allowed to override that feature in their sdk

If you was not runing with set way points or a mission then why was you using Litchi, they state that if anything happens that is not normal to cancel the apps functions but the go app would have been fine for what you were doing.
Having said that you had time to take control but was the remote beeping? - what was the low battery warning set at? 30%? what happened is you got the warning, stopped moving and said started to land but what you was doing was inputting throttle stick movements whch cancels the assend function so it will not increase altitude but will continue RTH at the height is is at.
This is normal and you have told it not to assend, because it is still in RTH you have little control but some yawl.. if you do not fully understand the functions or how things fully work, when things happen like this switching to ATTI should be the first action and take full control of the inspire.
If the remote was beeping push the Home button on RC but in ATTI mode all litchi functions are cancelled and you can then switch back to gps if needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah